Running Multiple Instances of MT4

Has anyone run two instances of MT4 on the same PC (from separate directories) with two different server feeds at the same time? Any data problems or port problems? Is this doable?

Please advise and all the best,

Frank

no problems at all !

When I was helping with the testing of Profit Generator, I had six to eight instanaces of MT4 running on my pc. No problems.

DollarShort:
When I was helping with the testing of Profit Generator, I had six to eight instanaces of MT4 running on my pc. No problems.

Any news on Profit Generator forward test ? Thank you in advance

FireDave,

I think that kinda died out....

Hi,

I run 2 instances of MT4 and my computer slows down very badly. Lots of info paged out to my hard drive, making it worse.

I only have 512 Mb of memory and would suggest anybody running more than one MT4 to get much more memory. I know I could use perhaps a couple of Gigs.

moneyline

I have had over 14 instances of MT4 running all at once.

Ofcourse I have a separate computer dedicated to this only as it slows everything else..

I know there are people on this board who run close to 20.. I know there is a limit to how many you can run though due to limits of XP etc..

Running multiple Metatraders on one machine?

Anybody knows what is the smartest way to run multiple sessions of EAs on the same broker via Metatrader?

I have a windows 2008 server that I would like to use for this? But how?

Any suggestions are welcome

Running Multiple Instances of MT4

Tradernow:
Anybody knows what is the smartest way to run multiple sessions of EAs on the same broker via Metatrader?

I have a windows 2008 server that I would like to use for this? But how?

Any suggestions are welcome

I'm also wondering about Server 2008 64bit (or 2003 64bit) on the basis that it supports multiple cores/processors. I assumed that to make the most of the hardware, you would need to run each instance under a different server-username because MT4 itself is an x86 app it cannot make use of multi-processing OSs. However that seems to be easier said than done, because when I install MT4 on W2k8, it seems to want every user to use the same copy of the program. I suspect Vista x64 will do the job just as well as Server - better than XP as its 64bit and handles memory better. Not sure about the multiple cores/processors though - since MT4 is not multi-threaded, the only advantage using Vista is probably memory handling. Whereas - I think - W2k8 will handle each users application seperately, making use of multiple cores/processors..... Maybe there's a systems guru out there who can help? ...

i assume you're using the MT4 multiterminal?

SPACECHIMP:
i assume you're using the MT4 multiterminal?

No I'm not - should I be using it?

Reason: