Hardware Server Setup

Dear Metaquotes Development Team,

I am in the process of building a dedicated server to run MT Client Terminal. Specifically, I was wondering if each expert when added to a chart runs as seperate thread within one MT4 Client executable? I would assume that the MT 4 Client terminal is written using C++. The reason I ask is that I want to know if there will be any performace gains if I purchace a AMD X2 dual core processor as opposed to a AMD Athlon 64 single core posocessor. Obviously I would use a the dual core if i had 2 instances of MT4 Client Terminal, but What if I only had one with say 6 experts running? Maybe it is better to seperate the experts, running 3 on each each MT Client instance?

What would you recommend? How much memory would you need? 1Gb

Thanks in advance,

Luke Sullivan

It can be problem with 2 or more EAs trading simultaneously within one client terminal. Please read article "MQL4: Error 146 ("Trade context busy") and How to Deal with It"

This problem can be solved by using 2 or more separate client terminals. You cannot launch 20 and more terminals simulteneously. It depends not from memory, from GDI resources system limits only.

6 separate terminals - no problem

Thank you very much for your response. The article was very helpful.

But can you please answer the following: Will having a dual core processor improve the speed of more then one expert launched in one MT4 Client Terminal?

Many thanks,

Luke

Will having a dual core processor improve the speed of more then one expert launched in one MT4 Client Terminal?

Of course, because every EA runs in its own thread
Reason: