Challange! How good u are? - page 6

Hi gang,

can someone recode the ForexOFFTrend indicator so that is does not repaint. i just wanted to see how good it is...if it does not repaint. thanks.

Regards

Files:

Hi automatedtrader,

exactly how do you trade with ForexOffTrend...if it slightly repaints the past. thanks.

Regards

I use more indicators than just that...an opening from flat or cross is a good confirmation to my entry or i enter on it and my other closing in on crossing...when it flattens its a good exit..you just got to watch it live for a bit to understand it...backtesting looks good but its not what your gonna see...also ive read its great on 4hr charts on default but i havent taken a huge look on it...

Hi all,

I'm sorry if i have been gone for a long while. Been very busy moving. I haven't also traded for awhile so I can't give update on my experiment yet. Anyway, if anyone wants to know more about the Squeeze, you'll find more info somewhere here in the forum. Along with versions of the indicator. Here:https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

vjrad

PS: I'm still not done moving. just got the time to check the forum. see you guys next time and good trading to you all. more profits.

Reply To Elihayun

elihayun:
Hi,

Here is USDJPY just before its last drop. I tried every indicator I have and none of them could predict the drop. Is anyone here can do that?

I just delete the prices from the history (H1 data) changed the TF to 4H and come back to 1H to get this chart.

Thanks

Eli

Hi Elihayun,

Check the daily chart,8SMA(7 or 9 will do similarly,but many fund managers use 8/21 SMA`s combination to add positions in a perceived trend,and when they execute based on their perception of "retracement in downtrend" they WILL MOVE THE MARKET),in my opinion it looks like a minor retracement to one of the "usually followed" Simple Moving Averages in a clear downtrend.

Sometimes the simplest indicators,in a higher timeframe,will give you a clue,

sometimes you just have to take the loss,or recognize who the other party is

(volume clues?)and side with them for profit ,when possible.

SIMBA

Hi Simba

I guess you are right. Before entering to a position, it is good to check on higher TF. What I ment here, is to find out an indicator that can "predict" the market even with the retracement. What I figured out is that putting S/R (like fractals) and using candlesticks patterns, with AO can do the job.

Thanks

eli

gabroo_munda:
Hi gang,

can someone recode the ForexOFFTrend indicator so that is does not repaint. i just wanted to see how good it is...if it does not repaint. thanks.

Regards

I think that one of the parameters is "freeze" the current position. This can do the job for u

CCI Squeeze

The link to your ccisqueeze does not work

Found the links --

Thanks

Reason: