Backtesting/Optimization - page 33

Optimization in Strategy Tester

Does anyone know the secret of making Optimization work in the Strategy Tester. I have tried everything to no avail. The message I get under the Journal tab is: "There were 193 passes done during optimization, 193 results have been discarded as insignificant" Thanks for your help, Les

Hello,

1) In Strategy Tester Window/Expert properties/Input Tab => make sure you set first the Start/Step/Stop Value, so the tester can test your strategy for each specific value within range start to stop with step increment.

2) Once running you will see 2 extra Tab at the bottom

- Optimization result

- Optimization Graph

Select "Optimization result", right click mouse and make sure the option "Skip useless results" in not ticked. If it is ticked it will display profitable result (above 0 profit) only but nothing else.

Hope this helps,

Sunwest

Open/close trades at specific time?

Can you please help with this?

I want to use an ea (mainly I want to make backtests) with following simple rules:

Open Trade: At a specific time

Close Trade: At a specific time

Maybe I don't need to use an ea for backtesting but I don't know how to do that...

Any help or suggestion?

Thanks in advance...

backtesting data files

I have some files of 1 minute data that I'm not sure how to back test. It has five digits after the decimal, and I don't know how to get MT4 to use all five digits after the decimal. When I've tried to add data like this before it would round off the last digit. Does anyone know how to change that?

Also, the data has OHLC for both the bid and ask prices, so I'm thinking maybe I should write a program in java to back test it, but I am just now learning java and I know how to read in a line from a file, but I don't know how to assign each number to variables, so if anyone reading this knows how to do this in java please let me know.

Here is an example of what each line of my history files looks like:

12345678910 1.12345 1.12365 1.12455 1.12475 1.12300 1.12320 1.12410 1.12430

anyone that can tell me how to use this data in MT4 or how to assign each of these numbers to a variable in java (after reading each line from the file), please, PLEASE let me know what I should do.

Thank you very much in advance for all your suggestions!

Backtesting AUDNZD...

Hi. I have downloaded all the available historical data for AUDNZD via the 'History Center' but it is not showing up as an option during backtest. Is there any way of enabling this manually?

Knowing where Metaquotes' allegiances lie, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this was deliberate! Then again, I'm naturally cynical.

It should be. I have even USDRUB sorry.

May be like this:

right-click on 'Market Watch', then 'Symbols' and check about AUDNZD: this pair should be in 'Market Watch', if not - press something ...

newdigital:
It should be. I have even USDRUB sorry.

May be like this:

right-click on 'Market Watch', then 'Symbols' and check about AUDNZD: this pair should be in 'Market Watch', if not - press something ...

Hmm, yesterday, despite repeatedly closing and re-opening MT, it wasn't showing up. Today it does...

I appreciate the response.

Why my last order is always stoped!!

Guys, I am working on a this EA which I am tesing right now in Strategy Tester (ST). The issue is the last order, everything seems to be fine until the ST stops. The last order is always in -ve and losses huge amount !!! have a look at the pic, you';ll know what i am saying....

other question is, what dates does ST use when there is NO date is selected????

Thanks

Files:
whatthe.jpg  30 kb

It is the open orders were closed because the testing was stoped.

Drawdown.

newdigital:
It is the open orders were closed because the testing was stoped. Drawdown.

Cheers mate, is there any way that I can make sure that it doesnt stopped out??? I mean perform close based on the logic???

Reason: