Making an Indicator involving price data from 2 different Currencies: How? - page 2

Mohammed:
Salam sampson,

You're welcome!

Did you try my Ali EA. it has the same concept and the pairs (USDCHF & EURUSD).

I think if we can use the correlation and the hedging right we can trade trendlessly!

Yes, it was your EA, sorry I didn't make the name-connection.

I'm working off your idea and I changed it so the lot size for the USD/CHF trade is equal in dollar value to the EUR/USD one, so they are perfectly hedged (only a small differnce anyway). Also changing it so when it opens a buy trade, the next will be a sell, and vice-versa. This way when one of the pairs goes out of wack and we take profit, we don't want to be going in the same direction again.

sampson:
Yes, it was your EA, sorry I didn't make the name-connection. I'm working off your idea and I changed it so the lot size for the USD/CHF trade is equal in dollar value to the EUR/USD one, so they are perfectly hedged (only a small differnce anyway). Also changing it so when it opens a buy trade, the next will be a sell, and vice-versa. This way when one of the pairs goes out of wack and we take profit, we don't want to be going in the same direction again.

Salam sampson,

They are very good two ideas!

The idea of reversing the type of the two orders in the case of making loss was in mind in the same time I do believe in telepathy!

Could you tell me how do you calculate the "lot size for the USD/CHF trade is equal in dollar value to the EUR/USD one" ?

Reason: