Pivots, camarilla, high/low etc.... - page 2

Larry Williams indicator Coder help please

Hi,

Please, could you help to write Projected_Hi_Lo.mq4 indicator of Larry Williams trading method.

Here is formula for D1 Time frame indicator:

PROJECTED HIGH PROJECTED LOW FORMULA:

[(High+Low+Close)/3]x2=A

A-High=Project Low

A-Low=Project High

Indi should look like Pivots .

Pucio

Files:
snap1.jpg  17 kb

Pucio:
Hi,

Please, could you help to write Projected_Hi_Lo.mq4 indicator of Larry Williams trading method.

[(High+Low+Close)/3]x2=A

A-High=Project Low

A-Low=Project High

Pucio

Hi Pucio,

I could not fould it now but as I remember I posted it on the forum may be 1 year ago. The name is different ... projected SHI ... ot something like that.

newdigital:
Hi Pucio, I could not fould it now but as I remember I posted it on the forum may be 1 year ago. The name is different ... projected SHI ... ot something like that.
Pucio:
Hi,

[(High+Low+Close)/3]x2=A

A-High=Project Low

A-Low=Project High

Pucio

Mmm... picture looks like one of the Dyn indicator I had but there are too many. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172919

Projected high-low ...

Wonder if someone made it in the mean time ...

If not, here it is. Added time frame option (so one can choose which time frame should the projection apply to) and TimeShift parameter.

Time shift parameter needs and explanation. By default, that forumla uses current high,low and close, which means that as those prices change, the projected values change too, which is hardly an intention of it. So, instead of using current values, if you set the TimeShift to value 1 it will use previous value, if you set it to 2 2 bars ago of the target time frame and so on. That way the projected values do not change and eventually can be used as a kind of a breakout indicator

Here is an example of projected daily prices with TimeShift set to 1. As it is obvious a 1 bar prediction (projection) is not bad at all

Pucio:
Hi,

[(High+Low+Close)/3]x2=A

A-High=Project Low

A-Low=Project High

Pucio

Hi all.

We have developed quite interesting software for MT4. This is an indicator which is calculating intraday resistance and support levels. The basics of the system - Gann square of 9 method, but it was modified (in few words we operate with multiple angles for one price, and results of calculation are combined in specific way), and then we calculate about 40 levels inside day, on the basis of all thouse levels about dozen of targets are shown on the chart - and they are perfect resistance and support levels for the day. It is neither pivots, nor camarilla, however it is close to these techniques.

Sorry to post here, cos it's commercial product, but you can try it for free to see all advantages of this indicator.

More details here: https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/13747-multitargets-gs9/page3#comment_578185

pivot points

nasti:
We all know that plotting too much information on the screen is not necessarily the best way to go. As a daytrader, I'm a bit lost in the jungle of pivots and similiar forms possible S/R. I'm talking about the different methods of calculating pivots, midpivots, camarilla pivots, fibonacci pivots, murray math pivots, yesterdays's high/low, todays open, projected high/low, pricechannel etc.. I know some of you use none of these. But for those who does, which methods are you using and how are they helping you in your trading?

there are plenty of indicator that can easy plot pivot points support and resistant no need for you to calculate . go to you mt4 help there you can find a link where indicator are posted everyday.

mladen:
Wonder if someone made it in the mean time ...

If not, here it is. Added time frame option (so one can choose which time frame should the projection apply to) and TimeShift parameter.

Time shift parameter needs and explanation. By default, that forumla uses current high,low and close, which means that as those prices change, the projected values change too, which is hardly an intention of it. So, instead of using current values, if you set the TimeShift to value 1 it will use previous value, if you set it to 2 2 bars ago of the target time frame and so on. That way the projected values do not change and eventually can be used as a kind of a breakout indicator

Here is an example of projected daily prices with TimeShift set to 1. As it is obvious a 1 bar prediction (projection) is not bad at all

Updated projected high low indicator : projected_high-low_nmc.mq4

Camarilla exchange indicator camarilla-exchange.mq4

Files:

Pivot Points Levels Trend Trading System pivotspointslevelstrendtradingsystem.rar dailypivotpoints.rar

Time Frame 30 min or H1

Currency Pairs:any.

Daily Pivot points indicator;

50 exponential moving average (50 EMA);

200 exponential moving average (200 EMA);

MACD indicator (12, 26, 9)

Rules: Pivot Points Levels Trend Trading System

Trades only in trend.

The trend is up if 50 exponential moving average (50 EMA)>200 exponential moving average (200 EMA).

The trend is down if 50 exponential moving average (50 EMA)<200 exponential moving average (200 EMA).

Buy

Trend is up 50EMA >200EMA, the histogram MACD is above of the moving average (red) and the candle close above the Pivot Points Levels indicator. Open long at open next bar.

Sell

Trend is down 50EMA <200EMA, the histogram MACD is below of the moving average (red) and the candle close below the Pivot Points Levels indicator. Open short at open next bar.

Exit position options:

for buy when MACD <0 or with predetermined profit target;

for sell when MACD >0 or with predetermined profit target

Axit also at the next pivot points levels.

Place initial stop loss on the previous swing after 20 pips in gain move stop loss at the levels of entry point.

This Strategy is also good for trading with Binary Options.

normal pivot formula = H+ L + Close)/3

is there a pivot indicator that is H + L -CLose0/3

i.e. subtracting close rather than adding

just curious ...

Reason: