Cynthia Kase - Kase Peak Oscillator - page 4

Ah ha!

I have discovered a technically inclined Junior Member, I am excited to reply to this.

I have already read Perry Kaufman's book, all 800 pages of it. Most of which were very well written and detailed explanation of the use, and calculations of many of today's mathematical moving averages, and different forms linear regression type analysis. It was a rather dry read though in my opinion, it may be more fascinating to someone who is more.. mathematically inclined?

By the MACD derivative of Kase Peak Oscil. I'm assuming you've created, and or found the KCD indicator? If so, then yes, the proper use of the KCD indicator is to define proper divergences in conjunction with the Kase Peak Oscil. In theory, Kase developed the KPO (just to shorten it) indicator to properly statistically compare one peak to another through a complex statistical equation. The terms she uses that in fact, one peak to another is not always statistically accurate to compare which is where the KPO came into creation.

Using the KPO along with KCD is the "ultimate" trading system as noted in her book. Using both in conjunction in a timeframe higher than 5M give very deadly accurate signals- but of course, these signals should not be entered blindly.

Kase is currently offering webinars, lucky for you, one is actually tomorrow. Please pm me, and I will send you a direct link to sign up for the Webinar- as I am in direct e-mail contact with her on a casual basis. She is indeed a very smart, and nonetheless wonderful trader.

Cheers,

PS. I will take a look at the book you have referenced, I have personally never heard of it. I believe, but do not quote me on this, I will need to look through the book for the quote, she does state that many of the markets indicators are really outdated comparative to today's standard, along with historical volatility. Most indicators were not designed relative to the amount of ranging we have in today's modern market- along with the amount of "public" participation as technology expands the capabilities for an everyday person.

A couple books for candlestick reference that I personally recommend are:

For learning: Steve Nison Candle Stick Method

For confirmation of learning: Greg Morris' book on Candle Stick Method

grayghost:
Yes, Kase's book is good. I don't use it for designing a trading system because I already successfully use ADXcellence by Charles Schaap, $150 and worth every penny. (If you use Schaap's methods faithfully and exercise mental discipline, you will assuredly make money.) I like to confirm the divergences given by ADX and DMI, and I've been using MACD and its histogram for this. But the Kase CD is better for than anything I have seen. She claims that her oscillator not only gives divergences that are 80 percent accurate, but--because of its mathematical correctness--also gives divergences 80 percent of the time when the trend changes, versus about 40 percent for MACD or other oscillators, and this seems to be true.

An excerpt from a review of Kase's book: "Kase then goes on to develop what she calls the KaseCD... a derivative of the Peak Oscillator ... that may show divergence when other oscillators don't."

I have found this to be true. Indicators of old were necessarily quick and dirty because computers could accommodate many lines of code. One might suppose that a statistically sound, mathematically correct indicator that treats all the statistical information available in the price series in a sophisticated way would be more accurate than a horseback indicator, and I have found this to be true. since I want the indicator to be sensitive, I use the MACD-histogram-like derivative of her peak oscillator, the CD. Even though my trading system is not based on Kase's methods, I find the CD, at least as far as I have been able to test it, to be well worth the space it takes up on my platform. In fact, I expect it will turn out to be invaluable.

You sound rather technically inclined. For the purpose of designing a system, rather than using someone else's, I would also recommend Perry Kaufman's New Trading Systems and Methods, 4th ed., $82 at Amazon. You should also have a good reference on candlsticks; Bigalow's is good.

I don't doubt that one could do well by subscribing to Kase's service. I just can't afford it.

Good hunting.

Walander:
Kase is currently offering webinars, lucky for you, one is actually tomorrow. Please pm me, and I will send you a direct link to sign up for the Webinar- as I am in direct e-mail contact with her on a casual basis. She is indeed a very smart, and nonetheless wonderful trader.

Yes, I plan to watch Kase's webinar. I'll be working while it is on, but I intend to pull it out of the archives.

Excellent- but PM me anyways- I would like to be in contact with you outside of the forums.

Cheers,

grayghost:
Yes, I plan to watch Kase's webinar. I'll be working while it is on, but I intend to pull it out of the archives.

These are hanging some time on my PC

Cleaned up, wrapped up : Kase peak oscillator and KASE CD

Files:

mladen,

Was that indicator in the book? Or from one of her newsletters?

mladen:
Also : Kase indicator and Kase indicator oscillator

Also : Kase indicator and Kase indicator oscillator

Honest to god I do not remember (those were made about 1 year ago, and I really do not remember where did I got the "how" from)

PS: forgot to attach the sources to that post . Attached them now

Walander:
mladen, Was that indicator in the book? Or from one of her newsletters?

Thanx,

I thought you were going to keep them as one of your secret indicators =P

Cheers!

mladen:
Honest to god I do not remember (those were made about 1 year ago, and I really do not remember where did I got the "how" from) PS: forgot to attach the sources to that post . Attached them now

waw, thanks, Maden!

---

ar enybody ever gona make that dem second(blue) line on that charts or not? : (((

Files:
kasepeakosc.gif  22 kb
Reason: