2-2-1 Stochastics!

I have been working with Stochastics at an attempt to gain optimum entry points. Here is a simple EA with great backtesting results. The problem is that I know these are probably deceiving. I am noticing that it gets great entry points in forward testing, but I need a better overall strategy to tie it to.

Can anyone please give any feedback and ideas of strategies that this would be more useful for? I would be happy to code the EA for alternate strategies.

Thanks for any and all contribution!!!

By the way this test was on the EURUSD M15

hi, Nicholishen,

I have backtested your Ea on a number of pairs, with some minor input value changes . I used TP =75 , st loss = 35, trail @ true

I don't understand this part, can you please explain......

double TrailingAct = 6;

double TrailingStep = 6;

I added this , i really don't know if it is necessary.......

extern int TrailingStopLoss = 5;

but the results are great om 30 min charts.

I want to forward test a number of pairs .

Lets see the results , looks like a good EA at first glance.

Thx ,

Can you also look at my thread, and try to write an EA for if you find time.

Thx again

If you want to scalp, you need to be able to stay in the game, a stoploss of 100 is out of the question.

when scalping I keep my stops at 12 - 15 pips

To only use the stoch. for an entry is not a good idea, pick another indicator to confirm entries, I use the keltner channel and macd, and the stoch and sometimes the rsi

The settings for the macd are 5,34,5 as laid out by Bill Williams

attached would be a setup for a buy, I do not like the setup today (the program arbitration calles it a sell)

I do not like the setup because it is not quite time and I shall wait, but what you are looking for is for price to pass up through the lower band of the keltner channel and have macd, and stoch to confirm with a crossing.

your stop would be just under the lower band of the keltner, opposite for a sell

I should add the main reason I do not like the setup is because of the choppy market, the jyp offers a better scalp today on the sell side

Files:
3-9-06.jpg  93 kb

In the attached photo yoy see the jpy, notice that after price and macd , stoch, changed, the price bounced off of the lower band of the keltner channel offering a buy

I should note I was thinking to sell the jpy until I had my coffee, then I saw the setup, but if price bounces off of the 89 ma I will sell, this is just a scalp setup, nothing more, 10 - 20 pips

Files:
jpy_2-9-06.jpg  189 kb

Foreverold:
If you want to scalp, you need to be able to stay in the game, a stoploss of 100 is out of the question.

when scalping I keep my stops at 12 - 15 pips

To only use the stoch. for an entry is not a good idea, pick another indicator to confirm entries, I use the keltner channel and macd, and the stoch and sometimes the rsi

The settings for the macd are 5,34,5 as laid out by Bill Williams

attached would be a setup for a buy, I do not like the setup today (the program arbitration calles it a sell)

I do not like the setup because it is not quite time and I shall wait, but what you are looking for is for price to pass up through the lower band of the keltner channel and have macd, and stoch to confirm with a crossing.

your stop would be just under the lower band of the keltner, opposite for a sell

I should add the main reason I do not like the setup is because of the choppy market, the jyp offers a better scalp today on the sell side

It looks like this system doesn't rely on the stoploss to take you out of a trade though. It would take a 100 pip spike for the stop to get hit.

Foreverold:
In the attached photo yoy see the jpy, notice that after price and macd , stoch, changed, the price bounced off of the lower band of the keltner channel offering a buy I should note I was thinking to sell the jpy until I had my coffee, then I saw the setup, but if price bounces off of the 89 ma I will sell, this is just a scalp setup, nothing more, 10 - 20 pips

Thanks for your idea. I am testing without keltner channel and untill now works good as scalping metod MACD+STOCH(5,3,3,and 14,3,3). I have made today 15 pips on 5 pairs in 1 hour , but I have closed too early jpy pairs.

Can you post your MACD MOD indicator.

Thanks.

forextrades,

I trade this manually and place my stops. If I am hit I wait for the next setup.

I risk a max of 12- 15 pips, usually it is 10 pips. so I am looking at a 1:1 and hope for a 1:2 return, I bail at the crossovers, or close to the crossovers depending on gut feelings.

attached is the macd mod, it is for tradestation 2000i if you need it for ts8 let me know

Files:
macd_mod.rar  1 kb

Foreverold:
forextrades,

I trade this manually and place my stops. If I am hit I wait for the next setup.

I risk a max of 12- 15 pips, usually it is 10 pips. so I am looking at a 1:1 and hope for a 1:2 return, I bail at the crossovers, or close to the crossovers depending on gut feelings.

attached is the macd mod, it is for tradestation 2000i if you need it for ts8 let me know

Thanks Foreverold, but I need this indicator for MT. I cannt open this file can you post only code perhaps anyone write it for MT. Do you think it is possible trade with this rule with EA?

I do not have this indicator for mt4, and I am only a copy and paste programmer, the code is below for tradestation, as you can see easylanguage takes fewer lines than mt4, with a good programmer anything is possible, if you are like me it takes awhile to find the correct code to make your ea work

inputs:

FastLength(5),

SlowLength(34),

MACDLength(5),

TriggerLength(5);

variables:

MACDValue(0),

MACDAvg(0),

MACDDiff(0);

MACDValue = MACD(Close, FastLength, SlowLength);

MACDAvg = XAverage(MACDValue, MACDLength);

MACDDiff = MACDValue - MACDAvg;

Plot1(0, "ZeroLine");

Plot2(MACDDiff, "MACDDiff");

Plot3(MACDDiff, "MACDDiffLine");

Plot4(Average(MACDDiff, TriggerLength), "MACDDiffAvg");

Thanks Forverold

I dont know easylanguage but I will attempt. Can you explain me what is MACDAvg it is MACDValue+MACDLenght/2 ?

MACDAvg is the EMA of the MACDvalue with time period of MACDlength.

Hope this helps.

Maji

Reason: