Cci_ea - page 2

Try this EA.

Files:

I think I fixed the bug.

Files:
cci_ea.mq4  8 kb

Newdigital, in your EA, as well as in Zuhainis EA, trades are open couple of times on the same candle. Is it possible to change it, to open trade only once, when CCI cross zero level? Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks BrunoFX and Newdigital for suggesting and implementing this idea with this indicator.

I totally agree, CCI indicator is one of the best and compare to others it does not give as much false signals.

By that I mean, on the one hand this indicator will give you a lot of signal (above or below 0) but on the other hand every signal result in a move in the right direction, sometimes quite small but good enough to grab it.

I started the strategie tester on the last 4 month on 30 Min (precision 90%) with different take profit, stop loss, CCI values. I would let you know if the result of this backtest tonight.

S.

Maybe the point is, that CCI line cross zero level, and back, and cross again couple of times, still being on same candle. Am i right? So maybe we should enter on the closed cadle after crossing?

krall:
Maybe the point is, that CCI line cross zero level, and back, and cross again couple of times, still being on same candle. Am i right? So maybe we should enter on the closed cadle after crossing?

Check fixed version. Should be ok now.

I changed the price for the signal to the closed price. And changed the condition for the crossing without changing the Bruno's logic.

Bruno FX said that the signal to enter is CCI zero crossing and the signal for exit is TP or SL and in the same time reversed CCI signal.

And he said that he will understand this EA as very initial case. He (and we all together) will try to suggest more filters and indicators. So I coded this EA just to understand which filters and indicators we need more.

Of course I will not code the final EA. We have many experienced coders. I did it just to speed the results up.

Files:
cci_ea.mq4  8 kb

Hello,

Thank you for your participation, I am content that this idea is interesting.

Newdigital:

Bruno FX said that the signal to enter is CCI zero crossing and the signal for exit is TP or SL and in the same time reversed CCI signal.

There is an error. I wanted to say that for femer a trade, the conditions were either on TP, or SL or or a new carried out of reference mark 0.

I as have just noted as the EA opens position when there is inversion of tendence, when the line of CCI is reversed with highest or low.

I attach image which to confirm that.

you will see that the last 2 orders were open like that and not like the initial rules

That remains a idea can be to follow if the trades continue to be advantageous

But initially let us try to only respect the crossing of CCI reference mark 0

zuhainis:
Try this EA.

Hello zuhainis,

Thank you for this ea and this work. I test it as of today. Could you say how it to us work ?

Try this version, I think the logic much simpler.

The core of this EA is

double icc = iCCI(NULL,0,CCIPeriod,PRICE_TYPICAL,0); // Current CCI

double icc_p = iCCI(NULL,0,CCIPeriod,PRICE_TYPICAL,1); // Previous CCI

bool IsBuy = (icc>0 && icc_p < 0);

bool IsSell = (icc 0);

bool IsCloseBought = (icc <= 0);

bool IsCloseSold = (icc >= 0);

Please try it.

Thx zuhainis, new ea set up on FT = H1

Reason: