Need an Indicator That Isolates SIDEWAYS Market. - page 4

Indicator for sideways

Hi there.

I just have an idea, but skilled people can develop better. How about to identify choppy markets using good old bollinger bands?. Lets say identify sepatation values between upper and lower band that match with the "sideways" criteria. In that way, everytime BB reach those values, EA can identify them and not trade. When BB widens above those values, EA can be active again.

Just my 2 cents

^^ I think they called it Bollinger Band Squeeze.

Files:

Is their an indicator like this

Is their a Shi indicator that will change color as discribed

jerami:
Hi Guys

I has an idea to determine market pattern. How about we manipulate the script of shi_channel. The indicator shows channel size and slope. From this value.. we can separate the pattern with color like this

1. channel size < 30 and slope between 0 to 10 (purple line) =flat market

2. channel size < 30 to 45 and slope between 0-25 ( green color )= choppy market

3. channel size > 45 and slope > 25 ( red color) = trending market

JUST A LITTLE IDEA

Wouldn't it be nice if we could tell a sideways market instead of after the fact. With some pairs that is YEN related, a sideway market could even span 50 PIPs for awhile. I guess a sideways market is also aka as consolidation..... You will definitely miss some great trades if waiting for these indicators to tell you its time to trade.

Sidewinder

Hi,

My Sidewinder expired like all the others who have it. By chance I found this one posted on Woodies site from a panel-heart template zip. It does appear to be working today, even though its the same as the previous expired version. Give it a go and see.

Napeharm

raff1410:
No, it is based on Hi/Lo ... like dochian channels...

it is all experimental...

I promise I will post this indicator, but I must work on it some while...

THNX

Raff

Raff... it seems that your indi quite promising... i'd like to try it myself could share your indis dan templates?

Thanks very much for your kindness

Reason: