Tooltip modification

Hello again,

After creating an object on the chart, MT allows you to view the values of the object by putting your cursor over it... displaying the yellow box with the values.

Microsoft languages call this a "Tooltip".

Is there a way to modify the content of the "Tooltip"?

I would like to change the content, and if possible, disable some.

I appreciate all the help!

-charliev

charliev:

Hello again,

After creating an object on the chart, MT allows you to view the values of the object by putting your cursor over it... displaying the yellow box with the values.

Microsoft languages call this a "Tooltip".

Is there a way to modify the content of the "Tooltip"?

I would like to change the content, and if possible, disable some.

I appreciate all the help!

-charliev

Not possible

Kalenzo:
Not possible

not exactly true, in that if it is a custom indicator, the author has the ability to name the object, and determine what value will be displayed... on a trendline, the name of the trendline can be changed...

bool ObjectSetText( string name, string text, int font_size, string font=NULL, color text_color=CLR_NONE)

Sets object description. If the function succeeds, the return value will be true. If the function fails, the return value will be false. To get the detailed error information, call GetLastError() function.

Parameters:

name - Object name.

text - Some text.

font_size - Font size in points.

font - Font name.

text_color - Text color.

Sample:

ObjectSetText("text_object", "Hello world!", 10, "Times New Roman", Green);

fxid10t:
not exactly true, in that if it is a custom indicator, the author has the ability to name the object, and determine what value will be displayed... on a trendline, the name of the trendline can be changed...

bool ObjectSetText( string name, string text, int font_size, string font=NULL, color text_color=CLR_NONE)

Sets object description. If the function succeeds, the return value will be true. If the function fails, the return value will be false. To get the detailed error information, call GetLastError() function.

Parameters:

name - Object name.

text - Some text.

font - Font name.

text_color - Text color.

Sample:

Yes UR right. But I thought the question was about toltip with no object , just standard toltip window with OHLC information.

Files:
ohlc.jpg  6 kb

Thanks!

fxid10t:

Parameters:

name - Object name.

text - Some text.

font - Font name.

text_color - Text color.

Sample:

Oh thanks!

I've created a custom indicator, and I want to offset my support and resistance arrows by n pips... but I want to report the actual value... this should let me do it.

Sorry about the confusion with the tooltip... I appreciates all replies!

-charliev

Reason: