EA-daily-range

Hello,

As of yesterday I was showing a simple moving average, today I would like to show a simple system:

Buying and selling depending on yesterday range, buy stop and sell stop are placed at +x% or -x % of yesterday range, only 1 position can be opened a day.

The trade is closed at the first profitable close (00:00) GTM

here the EA attached to the mail.

I also attached the strategy tester for EUR/USD 5 Min from June 2004 to 2th feb 2006, with these parameters:

extern double Long_Entry_pdr = 55;

extern double Short_Entry_pdr = 45;

extern double Long_stop_pdr = 15;

extern double Short_stop_pdr = 25;

extern double Lots_Acc_Equity = 1;

extern double TrailingStop_pdr = 40;

extern double TakeProfit = 75;

extern double Slippage = 3

I will explain later in details how it works, and I hope also we can cork together to arrange this system.

Any idea welcomed

Bernard

Hello,

Here are the rule:

extern double Long_Entry_pdr = lx = 55;

extern double Short_Entry_pdr = ly = 45;

extern double Long_stop_pdr = lxt = 15;

extern double Short_stop_pdr = lyt = 25;

extern double Lots_Acc_Equity = eq = 1;

extern double TrailingStop_pdr = 40;

extern double TakeProfit = 75;

extern double Slippage = 3

For long trigger today: add lx% of yesterdays rangeto todays open + spread.

Long Stop: deduct lxs% of yesterdays range from long trigger.

Exit: exit trade at first profitable close (closebeing 00:00 GMT) or stop loss being hit. Whichever comesfirst.

-----

For short trigger today: deduct ly% of yesterdays range from todays open.

Short Stop: add lyt% of yesterdays range from short trigger + spread.

Exit: exit trade at first profitable close (close being 00:00 GMT) or stop loss being hit. Whichever comes first.

-----

Risk: (eq) 1% of account equity is risked on every trade.

So , the number of lots vary from day to day depending on stop distance.

this is an optimised system that work for 1 year and half but I am pretty sure before that it may fail for other currency or forward testing.

Nevertheless I was surprised that a simple idea like this could generate some profit (220% in 19 month)

Dont hesitate if you have any questions.

S.

Sorry apology to everyone,

This is exactly the same thing as what was done given by radical moses, and is "Please note that this system rules though originally by Larry williams, is posted on moneytec"

This simple idea was given to me by one of my friend where I rearranged the % of daily range to optimise it for EUR/USD.

I am going to read the all thread and post my result there too, if necessaryn really sorry

Reason: