MQLII to MQL4 conversion and vice versa!

Hi folks,

I have an idea (I don't even know is it hard or easy) and want to hear from you about the feasibility of the idea.

I want to write a program in Visual Basic (or Visual C++) which converts MQLII programs to MQL4 and vice versa.

Please tell me what do you think?

I will be really great.

newdigital:
I will be really great.

Thanks newdigitalfor your share!

I wish you had that three months ago...That is until you MQ4 course. Are there many people still programming in II?

newdigital:
I will be really great.

Like you , cheer

Hi Codersguru,

I think is a good idea, useful for everybody. There are some interesting russian EAs but..... all in mql2!!!!

felix

MT3 stability

Nicholishen:
I wish you had that three months ago...That is until you MQ4 course. Are there many people still programming in II?

I think a lot of people (and brokers) still using MT3, they are saying it's more stable version of MetaTrader!!

Hi codersguru,

I've started this tool last mounth in C# and try to make a complete tool in C#. I'm a expert in Delphi programming but not in C# lol. I will restart all my job in Delphi to speed up the work.

I dont think the job is very hard, I already can translate automaticaly properties and some other things from MQLII to MQL4. We just need a complete corresponding table between all functions and properties, ... (all the syntax) of MQLII and MQL4.

If you need help, don't hesitate.

Yousky

MT3 Brokers

codersguru:
I think a lot of people (and brokers) still using MT3, they are saying it's more stable version of MetaTrader!!

Who else besides interbankfx and fxdd use MT3? I would like to know because i also prefer MT3 for scalping.

Thanks!

If you are interesting in conversion between MQLII to MQL4, I will post here this week the last release of my soft that I've restart again thiw week-end.

It can only convert MQLII to MQL4 by that way. But the onther way will not be very very difficult.

I need to test it, so I will download a lots of MQLII expert, indicators, scripts .... for testing. It will not be perfect but with you we can make a good soft I think.

If you have big expert or script, It will be interesting for me to convert them.

So, see you soon for the first release.

Thanks.

ciao ciao

Yousky

Great

yousky:
If you are interesting in conversion between MQLII to MQL4, I will post here this week the last release of my soft that I've restart again thiw week-end.

It can only convert MQLII to MQL4 by that way. But the onther way will not be very very difficult.

I need to test it, so I will download a lots of MQLII expert, indicators, scripts .... for testing. It will not be perfect but with you we can make a good soft I think.

If you have big expert or script, It will be interesting for me to convert them.

So, see you soon for the first release.

Thanks.

ciao ciao

Yousky

Yousky,

That will be great!

Thank you very much for your code sharing, I'm looking forward to see it.

Reason: