Getting more historic data displayed in the chart

Hi,

I'm new to MetaTrader, so I may be overlooking something obvious.

Is there a way to get more historic data displayed than shown by default? e.g. 5min charts only shows the last couple of days. Can I make this go back for a couple of weeks?

If there is no way in the metatrader platform, is this something that varies between brokers?

ycomp:
Hi,

I'm new to MetaTrader, so I may be overlooking something obvious.

Is there a way to get more historic data displayed than shown by default? e.g. 5min charts only shows the last couple of days. Can I make this go back for a couple of weeks?

If there is no way in the metatrader platform, is this something that varies between brokers?

U can get more data if u load it by presing page up / page down key on your chart. If u want to get more data U must load it manualy to metatrader. U can get data from many websites for example http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/setarh.php

hey cool, thanks...

another problem is if you look at a chart a bit back, then when a new tick comes it jumps you to the present time. Know if there is any way to lock it so it doesn't do that?

either that or is there a quick way to set offline/online status?

ycomp:
hey cool, thanks...

another problem is if you look at a chart a bit back, then when a new tick comes it jumps you to the present time. Know if there is any way to lock it so it doesn't do that?

either that or is there a quick way to set offline/online status?

Click the Auto Scroll button.

great. thanks

Reason: