EA based on parabolic SAR... but still unperfect - page 2

white_tiger:
please notice that my EA have some bugs... i gotta fix it soon....

Here is the forward test of your EA... I guess the bug is not making as profitable as it should.

Hope you'll fix it soon.Anyway, I am discontinuing testing this EA until then.

Good luck

Sada

safari:
All

I use a custom redesigned parabolic sar i call Kasa to predict turning points. I basically was able to stay clear of most noises, and take signals during active trading hours when the market is likely to make a sustained move. its also great for the indexes

I hope to develope this into EA and this EA could have been a perfect starting point if the owner shared source codes -

See attached graph for kasa turning points

any chance of a copy of KASA - modified parabolic indicator??

White Tiger,

I have not started to demo trade this yet, but looking over the script, I would like to make a sugestion.

You have targets picked out for the EA, but you are only trading 1 lot, why not start off with 4 lots, and exit 1 lot at each target, this way you are locking in profit.

it may be nice to think about keeping all the profit, but rember your orginal plan was 1 lot. This way your 1 lot may make it to the last target, but if price only makes it half way, you still made what you had orginally planned.

Myself I would prefer 3 targets and 3 lots, taking off 1 lot at each target.

sadaloma:
Here is the forward test of your EA... I guess the bug is not making as profitable as it should.

Hope you'll fix it soon.Anyway, I am discontinuing testing this EA until then.

Good luck

Sada

sadaloma,

What time frame did you test this on, it looks like it should be place on the daily, back testing is unbelievable

safari:
All

I use a custom redesigned parabolic sar i call Kasa to predict turning points. I basically was able to stay clear of most noises, and take signals during active trading hours when the market is likely to make a sustained move. its also great for the indexes

I hope to develope this into EA and this EA could have been a perfect starting point if the owner shared source codes -

See attached graph for kasa turning points

You KASA indicator look nice

Can you post the indicator here?

Thanks

Smeden

white_tiger:
hello,

i have recode my EA, so it will more unreadable..... (i think, it is very clear)

it uses parsar as the main indicator, and only can open a position at 7 GMT -11 GMT and 15 GMT - 19 GMT. the rest, EA can only close a position.

EurUsd M30, please use .set configuration for Expert Properties.

backtest result :

1 january 2006 - 20 january 2006 : 312 pips

dec 05 : 340 pips

please help me to forward-test my EA

welcome to any suggestion for improvement

you can not rely on any back tests with has quality lower than 90% quality.

I am now providing you with a reliable back test results here. result: your EA did not survive the back test.

I suggest you make your EA survive back test first, then forward test it.

Files:

Here's my ea based on Jim Sloman's work. If the nma is above 0 go long, stop and reverse under 0. Hope it works.

Dustin

Files:
nma.mq4  12 kb

Caution

In line with previous posts, be careful with this simplistic method.

PSar is good as trailing stop componentry to your EA but as Entry/Exit it is more often than not destructively lagging.

As you have already discovered, it will murder your account in sideways market.

I encourage you in your endeavor but I know much about this indicator and it's shortfall. You will NOT find your answer in this one PSar alone. It is too slow.

Archer

I have tasted it and here's the result... mmm.. pretty good...

Fuki Nagashi:

Oh and ... PSAR sucks for Long/Short Open/Close Signals. They hav some signficance for a dynamic StopLoss, but that is about it.

Really look at one week of trading with PSAR. Yes, the big movements you will get (like with 90% of all the other indicators), but you will burn the money in a market which is not trending like crazy.

hi fuki, can you explain the last part of your statemeny, burn money in a non trending market.

i am using an expert advisor based on parabolic sar for market entry. as you said 90% of my trades are winners but the 10% trades that are losers almost always wipe out any profits made. the loosing tradees are to big i mean. is there anyway around this issue?

thanks

ps. i'm tradind for a ferrari lol

Reason: