StepMAExperts - page 2

Igor,

What is the best timeframe and settings for this EA?

Hi Newdigital,

Now I work above improvement of a code and expansion of EA opportunities. Should work at all pairs and the timeframes, but for this purpose it is necessary to make optimization.

The code does not contain any iCustom, therefore it is easy to execute optimization of input parameters.

Igor

Step_MA

Igorad,

Which of your Step_MA's is this one based on v1, v2, or v3? Which other filters have you tried apart from the EMA 50?

TIA

Step_MA

Igor,

I just saw the answer to my question in another post, I did not know that you had synchronised everything and now there is only one Mega Step_MA.

You are one of the most brilliant programmers in Metatrader I have to confess.

Could you please post your optimization results here. I trade Euro and Cable.

I like Triangular_ Movingaverage as a filter with a period of 17. But as you said it is easier to optimize an EA without custom inds.

Thanks

Hi to ALL,

New year has come and to achieve new successes we should use new tools and generate new ideas.

Now I wish to present the new build of expert which should satisfy each of you and except for it to become a basis for the further improvements.

What new?

The architecture of the expert is seriously changed, new options are added.

The code of the expert can serve as a pattern for other trading systems.

Especially I wish to explain following input parameters:

TrailingStop = false; Trailing Stop Switch

SwingTrade = false; Swing Trade Switch

FirstStop=false; First Stop Switch

PendingOrder=false; PendingOrder/InstantExecution Switch

PendOrdGap=10; Gap from High/Low for Pending Orders

ZeroLossLevel=0; Zero Loss Level in points

'TrailingStop' switch your trade from 'trailing stop' mode(true) to 'without trailing stop' mode (false). Formula for trailing stops is:

for long TS = StepMA - Kv*StepSize

for short TS = StepMA + Kv*StepSize

'SwingTrade' switch trade from 'Swing' mode (true) to 'No swing' mode(false).

It means, that if you have chosen a mode 'true' after BUY there will be SELL and on the contrary. At ' false ' this sequence will not be observed.

'FirstStop' switches protective stop at opening the order.

If you use 'TrailingStop' on 'true' this parameter switch on 'true' automatically.

Parameter Ks varies value of protective stop according formulas:

for long FS = Low[1]-Ks*StepSize

for short FS = High[1]+Ks*StepSize

'PendingOrder' on 'true' enables you to trade with the Pending Orders.

'PendOrdGap' defines distance from High/Low to BuyStop/Sellstop levels for the Pending Orders and usually equal 10..15 points.

'ZeroLossLevel' defines breakeven level in points. This parameter works as follows:

for instance ZeroLossLevel=30

if your profit reaches 30 pips, expert moves Stoploss at OpenPrice +/-1 point

for Buy/Sell Orders, if profit = 60 then Stoploss = OpenPrice +/- 31 point and so on.

Who have questions, don't hesitate please.

Your,

Igor

Files:

StepMAExpert

Igorad: It looks nice, but what parameters do you use , and what time frame, would be a big help??

Igor,

Can you tell the timeframe and the settings?

People (incl me) want to test your EA but confused with the settings and timeframes.

Just preliminary. Very preliminary to start the testing. During the testing we may change the settings and timeframe if necessary.

But just to start.

May be, H1 or M30 with default settings?

Hi,

I constantly work on perfection of the expert. In the near future I shall show you the new version.

One of these days I have read through at Bruce Babcock very interesting idea on how to achieve good entries.

For GBP 1H use please my settings which you can find in attachment.

History data from MetaQuotes Server.

Igor

Files:

igorad:
Hi,

I constantly work on perfection of the expert. In the near future I shall show you the new version.

One of these days I have read through at Bruce Babcock very interesting idea on how to achieve good entries.

For GBP 1H use please my settings which you can find in attachment.

History data from MetaQuotes Server.

Igor

Thanks a lot.

But I think this EA with your settings may be tested on all 4 major pairs. Just to see.

Merry Christmas! Today is the Christmas, isn't it?

Yes, today orthodox Christmas. The best regards to everyone who celebrates it.

Igor.

Reason: