How to code? - page 189

Big Be:
I believe that can be done and I believe I can do it. Most of the tasks I have already in my own lengthy EA. It won't be cheap because I value my time. Big Be

Big Be, could you please send me an email- h.stilyanov@abv.bg with your offer.

Thanks

InTrance:
You will have to do this with a dll.

Thank you for posting ,InTrance .

Do you mean that it is impossible to realize it by only EA and I have to use an other software ?

I dont know well about the conection between MT4 and other softwares .

if possible would you tell me what to do , please ?

iBarShift() / TimeCurrent() help

Hi all,

I am building an indicator that prints london open / close / high /range and other things on my chart.

The problem I encountered is the following, since we have a new bar let's say every 1 hour. Trying to get the shift to have the london open price is impossible. Also, I tried the function iBarShift() but didn't succeed with it. I know there should be a way to do it (most probably a combination of iBarShift() and timeCurrent() ) but didn't figure it out yet. Any suggestions?

Thx

Dax:
Hello.

I would like to open a trading popup window by EA.

Is it possible ?

If possible to open it by EA, is it possible to open a trading popup window on which the number of the traded volume (the number of lot) is set to a number ordered by EA ?

Mark "Ask manual confirmation" in Tools->Options->Expert Advisors and code OrderSend(...) in your EA. When conditions come, you'll see trading window.

paradiseview:
Hi all,

I am building an indicator that prints london open / close / high /range and other things on my chart.

The problem I encountered is the following, since we have a new bar let's say every 1 hour. Trying to get the shift to have the london open price is impossible. Also, I tried the function iBarShift() but didn't succeed with it. I know there should be a way to do it (most probably a combination of iBarShift() and timeCurrent() ) but didn't figure it out yet. Any suggestions?

Thx

I don't understand this part "Trying to get the shift to have the london open price is impossible". Could you describe more? Maybe I can help.

Roger09:
Mark "Ask manual confirmation" in Tools->Options->Expert Advisors and code OrderSend(...) in your EA. When conditions come, you'll see trading window.

Thank you , Roger09 !

A trading window appered well .

I would like to ask one more question .

I am planing a sculping trade .

I set EA and "ask manual confirmation " as you showed me .

I am trying to open a trading window by clicking the Expert Adviser button as soon as I find a good traiding condition .

But the Expert Adviser does not respond as long as a market does not move on the chart newly after I click the button .

That is , a trading window does not open as long as the market does not advance one step .

Is it possible to resolve this problem ?

fosgate_r:
I don't understand this part "Trying to get the shift to have the london open price is impossible". Could you describe more? Maybe I can help.

hey fosgate,

let's say we're at 12:00 and london open is at 08:00. To get the open price of london open there are few ways to do that:

int open1= iMA(NULL,PERIOD_H1,4,test1,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,0);

other way to do that is:

double Open[4];

another way also:

iOpen(NULL,PERIOD_H1,4);

All of these methods would give me london open price. Now the problem is that once we're at 13:00 , they will give me the open price ay 09:00 and not 08:00 (which is what I want)

In other ways, at 13:00 the shift should change to 5 instead of 4.

Hope I was clear

tc

Use iBarShift to get the correct shift then just use iOpen. The example in the help file shows you how to get the right bar...

datetime some_time=D'2004.03.21 12:00';

int shift=iBarShift("EUROUSD",PERIOD_M1,some_time);

Print("shift of bar with open time ",TimeToStr(some_time)," is ",shift);

Just put this together to show you how to do it...

string sDate = TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(), TIME_DATE);

datetime dtTenToday = StrToTime(sDate + " 10:00");

Print("Bar shift " + iBarShift(Symbol(), PERIOD_H1, dtTenToday) + " was the last 10:00 bar");

Lux

Files:
1hfib2.mq4  5 kb
Reason: