Currency Strength - page 3

having a perfect core value indicator does make sense to me.

Files:

HELLO MLADEN,

Just to remind you of my request on CUSIVO2 Indicator.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

winner246:
HELLO MLADEN,

Just to remind you of my request on CUSIVO2 Indicator.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

That is a simple difference of close and ema (divided by 10*points) of some USD crosses

HELLO NBTrading,

If you can create it then kindly assist using my specifications in above post.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE.

nbtrading:
That is a simple difference of close and ema (divided by 10*points) of some USD crosses

oh well that maybe isn't what is important...a 1 sma option may be better... if we can have the indicator its can show how well it works in combination with relative strength of currencies strength and correlations

I will code your EAs and Indicators for no charge - Page 432 @ Forex Factory

PS if its works as it should in theory....it would be 90+% accurate on 1 to 1 trades..all day everyday..... i'd say that is worth the effort i think so would you if it could be proven without the indicator it would be done already!

Those were 35 orders there - on a sample of 35 orders it is always easy to get a 90% success rate in some periods. Testing sample must be much larger. Only then you can see what the system can bring to you

Here is one example ( a sample of 500 orders - forward test) :

The problem (as I see it) is that this forward test is for the last 5 months. My plan is to forward test it for at least a year and only then to go live. Even the sample of 500 orders is not enough - I would like to see the system performance in a time of big trend changes - and we do not see it in this periods

Files:
test_1.gif  27 kb

nbtrading:
Those were 35 orders there - on a sample of 35 orders it is always easy to get a 90% success rate in some periods. Testing sample must be much larger. Only then you can see what the system can bring to you

The problem (as I see it) is that this forward test is for the last 5 months. My plan is to forward test it for at least a year and only then to go live. Even the sample of 500 orders is not enough - I would like to see the system performance in a time of big trend changes - and we do not see it in this periods

sure..but you can't test an indicator system without the indicator being properly made and working correctly to begin with. what system and parameters exactly are you testing nb?

also look at the pictures... looks like cycles to me... cycles are trade able....

dagoods:
sure..but you can't test an indicator system without the indicator being properly made and working correctly to begin with. what system and parameters exactly are you testing nb? also look at the pictures... looks like cycles to me... cycles are trade able....

So far all the cycles indicators I have seen are repainting - but that is not cycles - that is a sort of z-score (much simpler than cycles)

But see the last part of that : there are at lest 3 or 4 signals in that short part that are all losers. z-score is like that : when price is close to average, a lot of signals will be generated

nbtrading:
So far all the cycles indicators I have seen are repainting - but that is not cycles - that is a sort of z-score (much simpler than cycles) But see the last part of that : there are at lest 3 or 4 signals in that short part that are all losers. z-score is like that : when price is close to average, a lot of signals will be generated

i don't understand what you mean. it doesn't matter.

fact is the indicator requested, does not yet exist and it should exist. it is a valid concept and a great idea for anew cutting edge indicator imo.

nbtrading:

Understood. i must admit i may have been wrong. the lagging indicator version, is probably not the best idea. Nonetheless, the hope was to have a core 7 indicator. leave it up to y'all to contemplate if worthwhile. Thanks for all the kind consideration anyway folks.

Reason: