Lesson 13 - Your First Expert Advisor (Part 1) - page 3

Thank you Code Guru

Being a new to Forex and Metatrader, I did not know where to start. Today I came accross your lessons read your first lesson. This is exactly what I was looking for. I know it will take some time to understand all this but now atleast I have made a start. Thanks once again for your effort.

Strategy Tester Only Ever Making One Trade

Hi,

I have been trading for a while manually but want to put some of my strategies into algorithms. I've read the excellent tutorial, but the results from the strategy tester are only ever making one trade and not showing any P/L. Using coders' guru's EA on EURUSD H4 is only making one trade when it should be making many. I don't know why it's not showing any profit/loss either.

Please note that it doesn't matter which market I'm looking at, or the timeframe. It always shows 1 trade and no P/L in the results. Note that I'm using a test account for Metatrader with Smart Live Markets in the UK. Is it something to do with using a test account.

Any ideas?

Questions

Hello, I'm trying to follow the lesson that you were kind enough to list in a .pdf. I have a very (well it's simple when just dragging indicators on a chart). How hard is it to create an EA that would copy my strategy? Would you be willing to help me figure out what I need to do to create an EA? Thank you in advance for your time. I apologize if I bothered you.

Thanks for your lessons, still hope that you can give us more lessons to improve our business

hii bro codersguru...

can teach how to make our ea to run based on template?...tqvm

Lesson 13 Newbie question

Hi, thanks for the lessons.

Old postings, not sure there are many monitoring this thread but I'll post here and if no response in a few days or maybe a week, then I'll repost a new thread

Anyhow,

I'm confused about the following code in lesson 13:

Paste #10730 | LodgeIt!

I put the questions in the code and pasted here in the paste link above.

I was expecting to see something like an initialization of the Variable Crossed such as something like this:

line1=shortEMA

line2=longEMA

or something like this.

Please clarify this subject

P.S

Thanks, thanks thanks for the lessons this is a big big help.

ahhh skip it, I got it figured out

Agent86:
Hi, thanks for the lessons.

Old postings, not sure there are many monitoring this thread but I'll post here and if no response in a few days or maybe a week, then I'll repost a new thread

Anyhow,

I'm confused about the following code in lesson 13:

Paste #10730 | LodgeIt!

I put the questions in the code and pasted here in the paste link above.

I was expecting to see something like an initialization of the Variable Crossed such as something like this:

line1=shortEMA

line2=longEMA

or something like this.

Please clarify this subject

P.S

Thanks, thanks thanks for the lessons this is a big big help.

ahhh skip it, I got it figured out

So now about the ticket =

code block of this code.

This is a slow process for me because I do not know anything about programming, one line of code at a time might take me a complete day to understand and research all the thing in that line item.

iam test your educational EA sir

very useful for me.... i change the name to contohEA ,I hope you do not mind

but i have question

look my pic

how to order there is not Open Position

i change the code like this :

shortEma = iMA(NULL,0,8,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

longEma = iMA(NULL,0,13,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

shortEma2 = iMA(NULL,0,8,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

longEma2 = iMA(NULL,0,13,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

if(shortEma2longEma2) // OP_BUY

if(shortEma2>longEma2&&shortEma<longEma2) // OP_SELL

please

sorry for my bad english sir ..

strategytester.htm

Files:
why.png  35 kb
why2.png  33 kb

A little problem,...

Hi, I'm new to MQL4 and I'm willing to learn.

I have started studying your lessons and I have made it to lesson 13 so far without any troulbe, but now at lesson 13 I'm getting a little problem while compiling the program. I have hand-typed the codes from all the lessons, even lesson 10 and I haven't had any problems, but now at lesson 13 I get two errors, an " '\end_of_program' - ending bracket '}' expected " and " '\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis " (near an if loop, I'll provide a screenshot).

I have fond your lessons helpful.

Thank you for the lessons and thank you in advance for helping me.

Files:

Count Left/Right Brackets And Match The Bracket Pairs

Hi, I'm new to MQL4 and I'm willing to learn.

I have started studying your lessons and I have made it to lesson 13 so far without any troulbe, but now at lesson 13 I'm getting a little problem while compiling the program. I have hand-typed the codes from all the lessons, even lesson 10 and I haven't had any problems, but now at lesson 13 I get two errors, an " '\end_of_program' - ending bracket '}' expected " and " '\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis " (near an if loop, I'll provide a screenshot).

I have fond your lessons helpful.

Thank you for the lessons and thank you in advance for helping me.

Hi MQL4Newbie,

Both problems are solved by counting and matching the "()" and "{}" left/right brackets. They always have to be a pair. You can also visually format your code to see the matching pairs easier.

For a more automated solution to counting the brackets...you can search for and use NotePad++ and this program automatically highlights the bracket pairs you click on.

Also helpful when testing/debugging is to:

1) Understand that the errors reported are probably on a previous line of code...not necessarily on the line where the error is reported.

2) Constantly compile your code after every change...so you can immediately use your back arrow to go back to the most recent changes. That way you don't get lost in all the changes that cause errors.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Reason: