Ask! - page 165

i have a question, why is it so hard to program!

witsnpips, because there is no debugger. at least that is what is killin me

How to code help please!

Need help!

Who has the proper coding for finding out the highest high, up to 5 bars back, from current high of RSI/CCI or Custom Indicator (Not the currency price, but indicator value)? I see coding for a moving average, but not for a true named indicator with a name attached like RSI / CCI or Custom Indicator??

Dave

return(0)

what does this function do ?

return(0) ?

Scottish Mike:
what does this function do ? return(0) ?

its depend what you assign, usually it represents cycle exit without error

Scottish Mike:
what does this function do ? return(0) ?

Odd response from the guy above. It's got nothing to do with errors so not sure why he mentioned that.

All functions have a return value. In cases where there is no return value or the value will not be used you would just return zero.

Hope that helps.

Lux

Help in making a envelope indicator

THIS THE REQUIREMENTS:

20 MA OF THE (HIGH + 3 PIPS) AND (LOW - 3 PIPS) OF CURRENCY PAIR.

Lend Me Your Expertise! Your great assistance is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

got a very naive idea

let say we build a automatic system that will do 2 buy and 2 sell on any of the 5 chosen currencies

i.e. limit to 4

then after 4 hours of every entry

we manually review the entry and close those transaction which is outside the range of -25 to +60, small number come first and the duration must over 4 hours, thereafter,we review it only once every 1 hour (and have 40 min to close a deal)

question -- what will be our success rate ?? after a week

this is more of a MM question and we assume randomness in the movement of forex - the rationale behind the logic -- is what it suppose to be done (rather than rely on correctness of the entry , then let it hit SL or TP)

Traingle alert

looking for an indicator that will alert when the price breaks through the top or bottom of any drawn triangle as in pic

Files:
pic1.jpg  33 kb

xx3xxx:
HIYA increase

let me understand your question with clarity

-- rather than stare at the screen, you want an indicator ,

after you draw a WEDGE on the chart

it will just beep you ??

correct??

I think it is calling rising - falling alert indicator -- one of the first few indicator that I collected , ages ago

you are welcome to pm me

or email to lorealy5@ymail.com , I will pass the indicator with audible sound alert to you

but you've been told, it is mq4 -- but the audible sound is so bad and continuous

here is my archived (my library of indicators) -- http://ow.ly/1Rqni

you are very welcome to try it - so we don't need to stare the SCREEN while it move as slow as a turtle shell

Thanks a lot I sent you an email

Reason: