Ask! - page 131

can help to write EA for my manual tradinag system...?????????

Thanks...appreciate it....

kk81:
can help to write EA for my manual tradinag system...????????? Thanks...appreciate it....

Your question is a bit vague which will make it difficult for anybody to 'help' you.

If by help you mean you're looking for somebody to code it for you you might be better to look in the commercial section for one of the many talented programmers around here.

If on the other hand you have specific problems in YOUR coding then just ask and somebody will more than likely help you out. If you're looking for a quick intro to programming then check out the link in my signature. It won't make you a coding guru but it'll get you started.

Good luck

Lux

luxinterior:
omelette has answered your question very well. I must say the guy has the patience of a saint, I commend him.

Hopefully to better illustrate the point he's making what about this.

What you are basically saying now is if 2 > 1 Then modify (change) X=2 but the problem you're having is that X is already equal to 2 so asking to modify (change) it is incorrect as it's already equal to what you're trying to modify it to.

You just need to check that it's not equal to what you're trying to change it to and only try to modify it if it's not.

Any clearer?

Good luck

Lux

Thanks both of you,

I am just starting to learn MQL4 so any help is really appreciated. And you patience is truely appreciated. Please forgive me if I sound dumb occasionally but as I said I am just starting to learn and I'll try to figure things out as much as I can but sometime a noob needs a hand. So thanks.

Could I say something like: -

if (OrderStopLoss())>= TS_start

{

OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(), Ask - Point*TS_start ,0,0,SkyBlue);

return(0);

}

or am I missing the point, Please explain if you don't mind.

What does the TSD in Forex-TSD stand for?

adding trailing stop to a pending orders script

I have the pending orders script attached below, but I don't know how can I attach the trailing stop function. Please help me.

The script creates 2 group of pending orders, each one has its own parameters. I want to put fixed trailing stop to the second group, because I'm tired to do this manually.

I don't want to use a trailingstop EA. just the modification of the script or another script.

My system is explained here, if someone is interested on it:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178858

Sorry, forgot to upload script

need help

Please someone help me to make EA basic from this indicator.The order for buy or sell are in the next opencandle after the cycleidentifier was confirmed.Thank`s

Files:

How to send e-mail when TP or SL are reached

Hello to all. I have a question about sending e-mail through metatrader trading platform.

I have wrote an EA which send me mails when it OPEN buy or sell order with TP and SL predefined. But, I don't know how to send mail when TP or SL are reached.

Does Metatrader have an option about sending mails when it happens.

Thanks in advance.

evroza:
Hello to all. I have a question about sending e-mail through metatrader trading platform.

I have wrote an EA which send me mails when it OPEN buy or sell order with TP and SL predefined. But, I don't know how to send mail when TP or SL are reached.

Does Metatrader have an option about sending mails when it happens.

Thanks in advance.

Assuming you know the ticket number of the open order, just use the EA to detect when the order closes - OrderCloseTime() function will return a non-zero value when this occurs - then send the email as normal...

hi All...

I'm really new in mql4, and trying to make an EA.

but, there is something bother me...

at the end of my testing, in the TYPE column said that the position "CLOSE AT STOP", what this mean?? is it a problem??

Reason: