Which gmt time is my backtest ?

Hello !

I'm currently setting off an EA and when i download historical data from metaquote server i figured out that i have to modify the start trading hour from my set files which are set for gmt+2.

My question is:

When i'm backtesting my EA, on which GMT time the metaquote data are set??

Thank you for your help dear fellas !

GG

Hi Gaelounet!

To answer to your question, I think we could open a chart of, for example, EURUSD on H1 and then open an "offline" chart on EURUSD-H1 and just compare the latest bars. The offline chart can be opened by clicking on the "File" menu of MT4 and then "Open offline" will open a window with the list of all symbols (of course we have to download EURUSD bars from Metaquotes first).

The point is that the offline chart is read from the downloaded history data, while the "online" one comes from the broker data.

I compared them and saw that their open times coincide each other. That means that the downloaded bars have the same GMT switch as the broker (I think it is automatically adjusted by MT4).

Paolo

Paolo Miocchi:

Hi Gaelounet!

To answer to your question, I think we could open a chart of, for example, EURUSD on H1 and then open an "offline" chart on EURUSD-H1 and just compare the latest bars. The offline chart can be opened by clicking on the "File" menu of MT4 and then "Open offline" will open a window with the list of all symbols (of course we have to download EURUSD bars from Metaquotes first).

The point is that the offline chart is read from the downloaded history data, while the "online" one comes from the broker data.

I compared them and saw that their open times coincide each other. That means that the downloaded bars have the same GMT switch as the broker (I think it is automatically adjusted by MT4).

Paolo

Oh yeah ! this is working, i figured out few day after this post but i want to thank you for your response ! Cheers man
Reason: