getting startet in this weird world of codes

i everyone! A friend and I attended a trading seminar recently and the lecturer told us about this simple strategy called the "4-bar fractal strategy". He felt that this was a great way to achieve at least a 60% success rate. 

The strategy is roughly as follows. If the following two conditions are present, we have a long signal:

1) The most recent candlestick has a higher high than the 3 candlesticks preceding it.
2) We are above the 14 ema line.

(The above conditions in reverse would give a short signal)

We'd like to backtest this strategy, to try and verify if it really works. But none of us are experienced coders. We need help! Do any of you here have any experience with this kind of strategy? Would somebody perhaps help us getting started on the coding?

cwskamer12:
i everyone! A friend and I attended a trading seminar recently and the lecturer told us about this simple strategy called the "4-bar fractal strategy". He felt that this was a great way to achieve at least a 60% success rate. 

The strategy is roughly as follows. If the following two conditions are present, we have a long signal:

1) The most recent candlestick has a higher high than the 3 candlesticks preceding it.

We'd like to backtest this strategy, to try and verify if it really works. But none of us are experienced coders. We need help! Do any of you here have any experience with this kind of strategy? Would somebody perhaps help us getting started on the coding?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Welcome,

• Usually people who cannot code do not receive free help on this forum, although it could happen if you are lucky. Be patient.
  • If you show your attempts and describe your problem clearly, you will most probably receive an answer from the community.
  • If you do not want to learn to code, that is not a problem. You can either look at the Codebase if something free already exists, or in the Market for paid products (also sometimes free).

Good luck. 

cwskamer12:

Yes, it will not really work

Amir Yacoby:
Yes, it will not really work
Agree, that will simply not work, one can find hundreds of examples where it will fail. And what about closing the trades, also in some quasi-random point from the EMA?
Reason: