Migrate Signal from Local PC MT4 Terminal -> VPS MT4 Terminal

Hi,

S‌ome help please for a newbie. Apologies if this is already in the FAQ (I couldn't find it)

I have subscribed to a Signal in my local PC MT4 Terminal and have now rented a VPS through my broker.

I‌s there a way to migrate the subscription to the VPS (same broker account)?

T‌hanks in advance.

ashmch:

Hi,

S‌ome help please for a newbie. Apologies if this is already in the FAQ (I couldn't find it)

I have subscribed to a Signal in my local PC MT4 Terminal and have now rented a VPS through my broker.

I‌s there a way to migrate the subscription to the VPS (same broker account)?

T‌hanks in advance.

I'm hoping (if I understand things correctly) the answer to this is, it doesn't matter whether your account is open on your PC, or on a VPS, because it is your account that is subscribed to the signal, not your terminal.  So, if you log in to your account on the VPS, the signal should be live.  However, I'm no expert so I stand to be corrected.

Pete:
I'm hoping (if I understand things correctly) the answer to this is, it doesn't matter whether your account is open on your PC, or on a VPS, because it is your account that is subscribed to the signal, not your terminal.  So, if you log in to your account on the VPS, the signal should be live.  However, I'm no expert so I stand to be corrected.

Thanks Pete, that's what I thought too, but it doesn't show as being there.

ashmch:

Thanks Pete, that's what I thought too, but it doesn't show as being there.

Strange :-(

So I am using an Expert Adviser - I am running a MT4 platform and have now subscribed to VPS. I noticed that the VPS is MQL5. My intentions and idea was that the Expert Adviser should be installed on my labtop and from there I would initialize the trades. Then updating the VPS and thereby transferring the trades and EA setting to the VPS. Do you think this is the way it works ?

Best regards

Henrik

Exas:

So I am using an Expert Adviser - I am running a MT4 platform and have now subscribed to VPS. I noticed that the VPS is MQL5. My intentions and idea was that the Expert Adviser should be installed on my labtop and from there I would initialize the trades. Then updating the VPS and thereby transferring the trades and EA setting to the VPS. Do you think this is the way it works ?

Best regards

Henrik

About MQL5 VPS - read post #19 with simple explanation, and post #872 where I collected everythiung related to MQL5 VPS.
Reason: