Download MetaTrader 5

Scripts: MT5 to MT4 Set File Converter

To add comments, please log in or register
Automated-Trading
Admin
Automated-Trading  

MT5 to MT4 Set File Converter:

This script converts multiple .set files from MT5 format to MT4 format. This is a necessary step for optimizing and running cross-compatible EAs.

MetaTrader 5 is able to load .set files created in MT4, however, the format it saves set files in is not compatible with MetaTrader 4. This script acts as a useful tool to make .set files backwards compatible, so you can take advantage of MT5's better strategy tester then run a cross-compatible EA on MT4 and MT5 with the same parameters.

Two .set files have been attached as an example of the converter.

The "exampleMT5.set" file is produced by the MetaTreader 5 terminal. This is then converted to "exampleMT5-MT4.set" file by the converter.

Author: Richard Gunning

Goldland360
Goldland360  

Please can someone help in making  the zigzag color indicator which was made with MT5 language work in MT4 platform. I've tried using the above script but without success

the file is attached below.

Here is my email mgbe_nsor@yahoo.com.

Thanks in anticipation of your kind response

Files:
Mahdi Keramatfar
Mahdi Keramatfar  

good.

thanks

binary72
binary72  

I liked a MT5 indicator and converted it into MT4 set file using your script. But not sure how to use the MT4 set file without the MQL4/ex4 file.

How I can load the converted MT4 set file on MT4 chart without the MT4/ex4 files?

Is it possible to convert MQL5 file into MQL4 file?.

To add comments, please log in or register