Expert Advisors: An Expert Advisor, based on Bollinger Bands

An Expert Advisor, based on Bollinger Bands:

This Expert Advisor is based on Bollinger Bands. It uses trend-following strategy (DEMA) and Bollinger Bands indicator.

It shows a stable profit in Strategy Tester during last 17 years (EURUSD M30).

The Strategy:
  • Open long position: DEМА is growing up and white (bull) candle crossed the Lower Bollinger Band from below to above.
  • Open short position: DEМА is falling down and black (bear) candle crossed the Upper Bollinger Band from above to below.
  • Close long position: Black candle crossed the Upper Bollinger Band from above to below.
  • Close short position: White (bull) candle crossed the Lower Bollinger Band from below to above.

Author: AM2

An Expert Advisor, based on Bollinger Bands

hi guys. have anybody heard about forex informer96? i use it and it works perfectly but as far as i know it is based on sun-sensitive market law.. just cant imagine how sun can influence trading.. does anybody have any idea?) cause robot really works but the idea of sun-influence seems to be unbeievable )

Hi Guys;

Could someone convert this from MQL5 back to MQL4.

My Live account is in MLQ4.

I tested this on an MQL5 Demo acct and it is making money.

This is a very good EA and doesn't need tuning.

Thanks

Trader Girl

Hi AM2, thanks for sharing the EA,

I have done some Optimization and for 3 years the same results as you had for 10 :-)

BB

TWF is not used in any calculations it is 3 months left out of any testing , then I run the selected parameters with these 3 month in the end.

See my settings:

BB2

Automated-Trading:

An Expert Advisor, based on Bollinger Bands:

Author: AM2

This is a very good EA, is that possible that you add a stop loss?

Hi All,

When I run backtest on the same period, I do not have the same results. Can someone explain me why? Here are the result of my backtest. 

Total profit is 26658.15 instead of 33690, but the main difference is on Maximal balance drawdown and Maximal Equity drawdown.

Regards,   

Files:

One of the most decent MQL5 EAs I've used in testing so far (and this is big word for me for I generally dislike MQL5, because of american style FIFO...). First of all it's simple, meaning it's not overcomplicated needlessly. Also, it has very clear and well defined entry and exit rules - however it could use a roboust money management. Very WELL done! And thank you!

Has someone successfully ported this code to mt4??? I am trying but there is some stuff I havent been able to translate

I havent been able to handle copybuffer in mt4, and mt4 doesnt include the DEMA indicator

hello to all,  

Can anyone help me where to find this expert advisor for mt4?   thank you all

Hi all, I have been testing the EA, however noticed it opens only Long positions and also never closes them. do you know what the reason could be? I have not modified anything in the code, so I assume the results on backtesting should be similar to yours. Thanks in advance for the support!

When I open the advisor after compiling it and putting it into the expert advisor, the EA doesn't open any single trade at all. Anybody knows why?
Reason: