Signal copying - Is it sufficient that my smart phone has MT4 connected to internet or do I need to keep computer running?

Hi Everyone,

I have 1 simple question if someone can advise. 

For trade signals to be copied over to my MT4 terminal I understand that I need to maintain a established connection to the server. Does this mean I need to leave my laptop on 24/5 or is it sufficient that I keep the mt4 app on on my smart phone?

Please can someone advise ASAP!

Many thanks,

Nonzy 

You have to keep your computer on 24/7 but its not advisable because you can have power or connection failures.

It's better to use VPS service in order to copy the signal without problems.

Follow the instructions below:

1. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long. 

2. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

3. In the Virtual Hosting window that opens, click Next, then Next again, select the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value (right side of window) and click Next.

4. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months, tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.

5. Complete your payment for the VPS Service and you are done.  

Eleni Anna Branou:

You have to keep your computer on 24/7 but its not advisable because you can have power or connection failures.

It's better to use VPS service in order to copy the signal without problems.

Follow the instructions below:

1. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long. 

2. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

3. In the Virtual Hosting window that opens, click Next, then Next again, select the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value (right side of window) and click Next.

4. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months, tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.

5. Complete your payment for the VPS Service and you are done.  

Hi Eleni,

Thank you so much, that was a lot of help! Thanks again!

I've set up my VPS now and migrated the Trade Signal. Does this mean that I won't be able to see the trades on my MT4 Platform now?
Because as I understand there isn't a 2 way synchronization?

Many thanks,

Nonzy 

Yes, you can see all the trades if you open your platform at anytime.

Eleni Anna Branou:
Yes, you can see all the trades if you open your platform at anytime.
One more question pls. If i increase the deposit on my acount do i need to do 'migration' again or will it automatically update on VPS?

Nonsympathizer:
One more question pls. If i increase the deposit on my acount do i need to do 'migration' again or will it automatically update on VPS?
It will update automatically.

I am having an issue with me settings under tools staying set.  When I subscribe to a signal I am finding that the enable real time subscription button is becoming uncheck and I am missing trades. Has anyone encountered this issue and solved it? 

Shan Craig:

I am having an issue with me settings under tools staying set.  When I subscribe to a signal I am finding that the enable real time subscription button is becoming uncheck and I am missing trades. Has anyone encountered this issue and solved it? 

If you use MQL5 VPS and you have synchronized correctly, the: Enable realtime signal subscription, in local MT4/5 Signals settings, it should remain unticked, because otherwise you would copy the signals trades twice.

Make sure that you've done the signal subscription procedure properly.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731

Reason: