Download MetaTrader 5

Discussion of article "Auto-Generated Documentation for MQL5 Code"

To add comments, please log in or register
MetaQuotes Software Corp.
MetaQuotes Software Corp.  

New article Auto-Generated Documentation for MQL5 Code is published:

The article describes the use of Doxygen to create HTML help file from structured comments in MQL5 code. Then it can be compiled into a .CHM help file by Microsoft's HTML Help Workshop.

Author: Paul

Philipp
Philipp  

Great article!

gordon
gordon  
Can I use it with MQL4? It is very much like C after all, and doxygen is supposed to support that too.

Paul
Paul  
gordon   :
Can I use it with MQL4? It is very much like C after all, and doxygen is supposed to support that too.

Yes, it works gordon.  There's an option in the second Wizard Mode screen to "optimize for C or PHP output".  Obviously all MQL4 functions are global, so there are no advantages of the MQL5 class grouping.

I've attached a screenshot below of some output for LibOrderReliable using the C option.  LibOrderReliable is a very well documented wrapper for the MQL4 trade functions to make them more fail-safe.  To have the documentation appear in the Doxygen output, the in-code comments would need similar adjustments to the ones I did on the MQL5 code.

Paul

http://paulsfxrandomwalk.blogspot.com/ 

gordon
gordon  

Oh, I see what you mean about the classes. So maybe not really worth using it for MQL4.

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Very good article, thanks.
To add comments, please log in or register