Discussion of article "Auto-Generated Documentation for MQL5 Code"

New article Auto-Generated Documentation for MQL5 Code is published:

The article describes the use of Doxygen to create HTML help file from structured comments in MQL5 code. Then it can be compiled into a .CHM help file by Microsoft's HTML Help Workshop.

Author: Paul

Great article!

Can I use it with MQL4? It is very much like C after all, and doxygen is supposed to support that too.

gordon   :
Can I use it with MQL4? It is very much like C after all, and doxygen is supposed to support that too.

Yes, it works gordon.  There's an option in the second Wizard Mode screen to "optimize for C or PHP output".  Obviously all MQL4 functions are global, so there are no advantages of the MQL5 class grouping.

I've attached a screenshot below of some output for LibOrderReliable using the C option.  LibOrderReliable is a very well documented wrapper for the MQL4 trade functions to make them more fail-safe.  To have the documentation appear in the Doxygen output, the in-code comments would need similar adjustments to the ones I did on the MQL5 code.

Paul

http://paulsfxrandomwalk.blogspot.com/ 

Oh, I see what you mean about the classes. So maybe not really worth using it for MQL4.

Very good article, thanks.

Alain Verleyen:
Very good article, thanks.

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

New article Auto-Generated Documentation for MQL5 Code is published:

Author: Paul

Is anybody able to use it in 2019 (latest version)   ...i followed the article and I'm not able to have class list generated.

Regards

Marcin Rutkowski:

Is anybody able to use it in 2019 (latest version)   ...i followed the article and I'm not able to have class list generated.

Regards

Were you able to achieve it?

Reason: