MT4 and SSL SMTP Email

Hi guys,

I looked around and found some information but I still am confused and not sure 100%. Most of the posts are a few years old...

Does MetaTrader 4 support the use of SSL to send SMTP Emails? 

What about TLS?

Thank you in advance 

MQL4AutoTrading: I looked around and found some information but I still am confused and not sure 100%. Most of the posts are a few years old...

Does MetaTrader 4 support the use of SSL to send SMTP Emails? 

What about TLS?

No, unfortunately it does not support SSL or TLS - only plain text SMTP.

However you could create a local SMTP relay on your machine with 3rd Party tools which would then relay the email via SSL/TLS onto to the intended server.

Fernando Carreiro:
No, unfortunately it does not support SSL or TLS - only plain text SMTP.

However you could create a local SMTP relay on your machine with 3rd Party tools which would then relay the email via SSL/TLS onto to the intended server.
That's not exact Fernando.

Alain Verleyen: That's not exact Fernando.
Thank you for setting me straight!

Alain Verleyen:
That's not exact Fernando.

Hi Alain,

I got it working with my normal Gmail account that was not an issue, I allowed the use of "Less Secure Apps" as google calls it however I don't believe it uses SSL/TLS in that way.

In fact I can't get it working with my G Suite (Google for Work) account, which requires SSL/TLS

Looks like the discussion MT4 works or not with SSL/TLS is still open, is there any official documentation from MetaQuotes? 

MQL4AutoTrading:

Hi Alain,

I got it working with my normal Gmail account that was not an issue, I allowed the use of "Less Secure Apps" as google calls it however I don't believe it uses SSL/TLS in that way.

In fact I can't get it working with my G Suite (Google for Work) account, which requires SSL/TLS

Looks like the discussion MT4 works or not with SSL/TLS is still open, is there any official documentation from MetaQuotes? 

What do you want as documentation ?

Of course MT4 is using SSL/TLS, I don't have any details about the implementation, I just know it's working. 

"Less secure apps" from Google is not about SSL/TLS, but about OAuth protocol. G Suite is working as a normal Gmail account, except if you are not the administrator you can't see the "Less Secure Apps" setting

Alain Verleyen:

What do you want as documentation ?

Of course MT4 is using SSL/TLS, I don't have any details about the implementation, I just know it's working. 

"Less secure apps" from Google is not about SSL/TLS, but about OAuth protocol. G Suite is working as a normal Gmail account, except if you are not the administrator you can't see the "Less Secure Apps" setting

Ok G Suite is working, thank you for the hint.

It would have been nice though to have some kind of MetaTrader/MetaQuotes documentation where it was stated SSL/TLS is supported, not because I don't trust you, you are definitely right, just because it would have killed the argument ;)

Reason: