email alert in Metatrader 4

german email providers have strengthened the safety regulations

this is email of the provider:

You can only use a TLS protocol if your e-mail program has the current TLS versions 1.2 or 1.3. TLS versions 1.0 and 1.1 are no longer supported by us for security reasons

does anyone know what tls version metatrader uses and how to send mails like signal/price alerts,

thx for your help

best regards

Matthias Jens Neymeyer: does anyone know what tls version metatrader uses and how to send mails like signal/price alerts,
  1. In 2005 MT4 didn't have any TLS support. (SMTP access for SendMail - Harami - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum #5) This is why everyone uses one of the free email servers and forward message elsewhere. (Problem : email set up in metatrader4 - MQL4 programming forum #1)

2. Perhaps you should read the manual. SendMail - Common Functions - MQL4 Reference
       How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
          How To Interpret Answers.
             RTFM and STFW: How To Tell You've Seriously Screwed Up.

Matthias Jens Neymeyer: german email providers have strengthened the safety regulations. this is email of the provider: You can only use a TLS protocol if your e-mail program has the current TLS versions 1.2 or 1.3. TLS versions 1.0 and 1.1 are no longer supported by us for security reasons.does anyone know what tls version metatrader uses and how to send mails like signal/price alerts,

According to the test email message headers ...

• MetaTrader v4 is using TLS v1.0 ... "(TLS1) tls TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA"
  • MetaTrader v5 is using TLS v1.2 ... "(TLS1.2) tls TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384"

So i cannot use email Alert any longer because mt4 uses tls v1.0 Which is no longer supported ? 

Matthias Jens Neymeyer #: So i cannot use email Alert any longer because mt4 uses tls v1.0 Which is no longer supported ? 

No one said that. You ignored my #1.1

i tried several email providers, but does not work anymore...google has gone too, which is also your 1.1

can you explain me which emailprovider with settings i can use ? would be great, big thx

So can anyone Tell me Which Email Provider still works With mt4?

really noone ? pls help me with specific email provider which works with mt4, best regards

Matthias Jens Neymeyer #: really noone ? pls help me with specific email provider which works with mt4, best regards

Please do a Google search for "smtp relay service". You should find may providers for this. Some will offer what you want and other's not.

As an alternative, (it has been a long time since I last used this), but you can also install a local SMTP relay service on your PC or on 3rd party VPS.

• If you are using Windows Server then it should be available as part of the IIS package and you will just need to set it up and configure it.
  • If on normal Windows, then you can find many open-source SMTP relay service applications on GItHub and other sites.

You can then configure the relay service to receive emails from MetaTrader in TLS 1.0 but then connect to the other SMTP servers with a high version of TLS.

You will have to do your own research on how to install and configure the SMTP relay service.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Please do a Google search for "smtp relay service". You should find may providers for this. Some will offer what you want and other's not.

As an alternative, (it has been a long time since I last used this), but you can also install a local SMTP relay service on your PC or on 3rd party VPS.

• If you are using Windows Server then it should be available as part of the IIS package and you will just need to set it up and configure it.
  • If on normal Windows, then you can find many open-source SMTP relay service applications on GItHub and other sites.

You can then configure the relay service to receive emails from MetaTrader in TLS 1.0 but then connect to the other SMTP servers with a high version of TLS.

You will have to do your own research on how to install and configure the SMTP relay service.

i will check this, thx
Reason: