Expert Advisors: Multik

Multik:

The Multicurrency Expert Advisor is based on the idea, presented in the article Creating an Expert Advisor, which Trades on a Number of Instruments.

It trades on the EURUSD and GBPUSD daily bars. It buys when MA is upwards, and sells when MA downwards. It uses a special function for money management.

Author: AM2

Multicurrency Expert Advisor

Nice work, but doesn't multi-instrument lose it's meaning when you trade coorelated pairs with the same setups? I would expect their drawdowns to occur around the same time and that may be an issue. Unfortunately though, all currency pairs are so corellated this may be unavoidable. I actually trade the EUR/USD GBP/USD pairs together as well but with one I use a trend follower with the other I use a reversal, tops and bottoms type of EA.

request.volume = Money_M();

This EA is a great example of organized code and has great comments.  I did have one question however pertaining to your lot size function called Money_M().  What and where is the decision tree behind this?

I tried to search the support site but could find no reference and it did not appear to be linked to an associated class. 

bdwezensky:

request.volume = Money_M();

This EA is a great example of organized code and has great comments.  I did have one question however pertaining to your lot size function called Money_M().  What and where is the decision tree behind this?

I tried to search the support site but could find no reference and it did not appear to be linked to an associated class. 

double Money_M()
  {
   double Lots=AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_FREEMARGIN)/100000*10;
   Lots=MathMin(5,MathMax(0.1,Lots));
   if(Lots<0.1)
      Lots=NormalizeDouble(Lots,2);
   else
     {
      if(Lots<1) Lots=NormalizeDouble(Lots,1);
      else       Lots=NormalizeDouble(Lots,0);
     }
   return(Lots);
  }

This function is used to calculate the size of trading lots.

double Lots=AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_FREEMARGIN)/100000*10;

In  this string the calculated size of trade lots. The calculation is carried out on free money (ACCOUNT_FREEMARGIN). Risk = 10% of available free funds.

Lots=MathMin(5,MathMax(0.1,Lots));
In this line is executed the normalization of the trade lots. 0.1 <= Lot <= 5.0

Hey, thank you for the multicurrency EA. When I try to run this EA in the Strategy Tester, it does not place a single trade. Sorry, I am a bit new to programming. Are there any settings that need to be modified for this EA to run?

Hi, I'm french and my english is bad sorry^^.

If it does not place any trade or you have an error : [invalid request] , you must add : "  request.type_time    = ORDER_TIME_GTC;   " in the intialization of the MqlTradeRequest structure for every order.

I have trouble when attach this EA. In Expert tab appear this message :

2012.07.09 11:31:16    exp_tema   cannot load indicator 'Triple Exponential Moving Average' [4302]

What wrong? Thank you
Reason: