Download MetaTrader 5

Margin Requirements

To add comments, please log in or register
Have you made a screenshot in MetaTrader? Share it with friends!
Donald Gibson
Donald Gibson 2017.01.07 11:21 

My broker has changed some of its margin requirements but when I print the results I am still getting the old requirements.

When I place a trade with one of these currencies the new margin requirements are used.

Yes I have tried to get an answer from the broker but they either say it is a Metaquotes bug or no answer at all they are just guessing.

copied from email..

Monday December 5th, 2016 at 5 pm EST the following margin changes will take place for both existing positions and new positions:

• JPY pairs from 3% (maximum leverage ratio of 33.3:1) to 4% (maximum leverage ratio of 25:1)

• NZD pairs from 2% (50:1) to 3% (33.3:1)

• USD/MXN from 6% (16:1) to 8% (12.5:1)

At the same time we will decreasing margin requirements specifically for:

• CHF pairs from 5% (maximum leverage ratio of 20:1) to 3% (maximum leverage ratio of 33.3:1)

double Symbol_MarginRequired_Req=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MARGINREQUIRED);
double Symbol_MarginRequired_Int=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MARGININIT);
double Symbol_MarginRequired_Sym=SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_MARGIN_INITIAL);

Print("Symbol_MarginRequired_Req   "+DoubleToStr(Symbol_MarginRequired_Req,Digits));
Print("Symbol_MarginRequired_Int   "+DoubleToStr(Symbol_MarginRequired_Int,Digits));
Print("Symbol_MarginRequired_Sym   "+DoubleToStr(Symbol_MarginRequired_Sym,Digits));

//results

//JPY changed from 2000 to open 1 lot to 4000 

2017.01.07 05:07:11.216 Trade_Asst_Analysis USDJPY,M5: Symbol_MarginRequired_Sym 0.000

2017.01.07 05:07:11.216 Trade_Asst_Analysis USDJPY,M5: Symbol_MarginRequired_Int 0.000

2017.01.07 05:07:11.216 Trade_Asst_Analysis USDJPY,M5: Symbol_MarginRequired_Req 2000.00

am I missing something?

Has something updated again?

Anyone else noticed this? 

whroeder1
whroeder1 2017.01.07 14:51  
  1. Values of zero is obviously bogus. They come from your broker. If your broker won't fix it, then switch.
  2. I've only ever used free margin check to avoid stop out.
    • You place the stop where it needs to be - where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce the stop goes below the support.
    • Account Balance * percent/100 = RISK = OrderLots * (|OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * DeltaPerLot + CommissionPerLot) (Note OOP-OSL includes the SPREAD, and DeltaPerLot is usually around $10/pip but it takes account of the exchange rates of the pair vs. your account currency.)
    • Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerLot
    • You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.
    • You must also check FreeMargin to avoid stop out
Donald Gibson
Donald Gibson 2017.01.10 12:58  
whroeder1:
  1. Values of zero is obviously bogus. They come from your broker. If your broker won't fix it, then switch.
  2. I've only ever used free margin check to avoid stop out.
Thank you but they are no help, working on changing brokers now.
To add comments, please log in or register