TesterWithdrawal available for MQL4

Is the function TesterWithdrawal() from MQL5 available also for MQL4?  In mql4 code, it compiles, but it seems to do nothing.

Pablo Rego:

Is the function TesterWithdrawal() from MQL5 available also for MQL4?  In mql4 code, it compiles, but it seems to do nothing.

No! It is not available on MetaTrader 4! It probably accepts compiling it due to the fact that the Compiler/Editor is common between the two versions, but it is not valid under MQL4.

Fernando Carreiro:
No! It is not available on MetaTrader 4! It probably accepts compiling it due to the fact that the Compiler/Editor is common between the two versions, but it is not valid under MQL4.
That's sad. This function is very useful. But ok, thank you.

Pablo Rego:
That's sad. This function is very useful. But ok, thank you.

Consider changing over to MetaTrader 5 and MQL5! Given that MetaTrader 4 may have its days numbered, it is time to look into v5.

You can also do as I do, which is make your code compatible with both versions (using conditional compilation) and test it on both. This way I can test on MT4 with my own tick data and also test on MT5 making use of the extra features available to me.

Fernando Carreiro:

Consider changing over to MetaTrader 5 and MQL5! Given that MetaTrader 4 may have its days numbered, it is time to look into v5.

You can also do as I do, which is make your code compatible with both versions (using conditional compilation) and test it on both. This way I can test on MT4 with my own tick data and also test on MT5 making use of the extra features available to me.

Lol, yep, I agree. But the stronger forex brokers still are .mq4. Meanwhile we need to keep both. But I agree that keeping both codes compatible is at least a need.
Reason: