Indicators: Step stochastic 2

Step stochastic 2:

New version of non-repainting step stochastic indicator.

Author: Mladen Rakic

can you kindly make an MT4 please...

i beg you ...

Hi Mladen, 

It seems to be great. Nice work!

I second the request for MT4 version - please.

Kind regards,

Amu

Hi,

Few minutes after my first comment I did some digging and I found attached indicator from the other forum. I am not sure if this will yield the same results as I don't have both MT4 and MT5 installed(only use MT4) to be able to conduct a test.

Maybe Mladen can confirm.

Thanks mates.

Files:

This error sometimes happens :

2021.03.31 15:39:05.668 Step_stochastic_2.1 (WINJ21,M1) array out of range in 'Step_stochastic_2.1.mq5' (166,118)

in currTime buffer

tks

PequenoMinor:

This error sometimes happens :

2021.03.31 15:39:05.668 Step_stochastic_2.1 (WINJ21,M1) array out of range in 'Step_stochastic_2.1.mq5' (166,118)

in currTime buffer

tks

Yep.

• that is a very old code
  • that is happening only in multi time frame mode
  • that is an issue known for long time (that multi time frame data access issue and mt5)
  • that is an issue that is a victim of many mt5 changes that have left previous versions of mt5 code incompatible with newer mt5 (to the extent that you can get an invalid ex5 "error" for an ex5 file compiled on your own computer - not nagging, but ...)
  • the solutions are multiple :
    • turn the interpolation off
    • get access to more, up-to-date code
  • but :
    • due to a complete lack of seeing any other coder posting any usable (single file) multi time frame code
    • I am not posting those up-to-date multi time frame handling single file solutions. 
    • decided to wait ... popcorn time 😊
Ie: use it in non-mtf mode (and will have no issues), turn the interpolation off,  or take a risk and have occasionally issues like that when in mtf mode
Reason: