quick question

hi , new trader , I just want to know why is it that sometimes for example a 5cm candlestick will be worth approx. 2 pips and other times a 5cm candlestick wil be worth approx. 20 pips . why is this ? is it because in different trading sessions the candles are worth more pips ? how can I find out the times in est when the candles wil be worth the most ?or is it completely random when the candles are worth different amounts ? thank you

tennisplayer128:
hi , new trader , I just want to know why is it that sometimes for example a 5cm candlestick will be worth approx. 2 pips and other times a 5cm candlestick wil be worth approx. 20 pips . why is this ? is it because in different trading sessions the candles are worth more pips ? how can I find out the times in est when the candles wil be worth the most ?or is it completely random when the candles are worth different amounts ? thank you

You have to take into account the automatic visual scaling being applied to the chart. That is why the prices are displayed on the right (like a "ruler") to show you the values.

If you prefer a fixed scaling, just set the Chart Properties (F8) to do so! Personally, I don't find fixed scaling very practical or useful!

Reason: