Ask line disappears

Hey,

sometimes when backtesting the Ask-line disappears at some point for a certain amount of time while the Bid-price is still moving up and down. How could that be possible? What does it mean?

Every seller needs a buyer. It can be possible that the the Bid prices rise and Ask prices don't but only for some ticks, not for a longer time and not when the spread is very tight and the Bid price rises several pips (more than the range of the spread). 

The difference high-of-chart - low-of-chart has become too big so that the Ask-line is hidden by Bid-line.

Carl Schreiber: The difference high-of-chart - low-of-chart has become too big so that the Ask-line is hidden by Bid-line.
  1. Probably
  2. Press the plus key to widen the bars and thus shrink the extremes of the chart.

No, I don't think it's because of that. Even with only 13 Pips range, the Ask line disappears.

Try setting the spread to a fixed amount in the strategy tester (I'm guessing you have it set to current). Does it still happen?

It is fixed not current. I am using import data from tickstory. Could the be a problem with wrong import settings? If so, I wonder why it only sometimes disappears.
Reason: