Using "Print"

I do some printing with the "Print" command.  MT4

The charset used is not with fixed width for different characters and that messes things up.

Is it possible to chose a charset with fixed width for all characters and symbols?

This problem is not the part of print but part of the program in which you open the text-lines or text-file!

Maybe I was not clear enough.

I use the "Print" command in My EA and the messages are presented by the EA on the screen when you  choose the tab "Expert"

Writing the same messages to the log works fine since then I use notepad to look at the data. So its a question if I can control

what character set could be used when I do "Print" so that messages and headings align (If it is possible to specify somewhere?)

Ingvar Engelbrecht:

Maybe I was not clear enough.

I use the "Print" command in My EA and the messages are presented by the EA on the screen when you  choose the tab "Expert"

Writing the same messages to the log works fine since then I use notepad to look at the data. So its a question if I can control

what character set could be used when I do "Print" so that messages and headings align (If it is possible to specify somewhere?)

The question was clear and Carl's answer too.

You have to use an editor where you can change the font. It has nothing to do with MT4/mql4 "charset".

I am talking about what is shown on the screen when  running my EA and use the command "Print" command in MQL4.

MT4 uses a character set where different letters and symbols have varying width. I would like it to use a character set where all letters and symbol has the same width.

An "editor" has nothing to do with it

Ingvar Engelbrecht:

I am talking about what is shown on the screen when  running my EA and use the command "Print" command in MQL4.

1. That is shown is what the terminal shows, the set font is set.
  2. Right click -> Open, then open the log file is your editor such as notepad

Ingvar Engelbrecht:

MT4 uses a character set where different letters and symbols have varying width. I would like it to use a character set where all letters and symbol has the same width.

• You are mixing charset and font, it's completely different.
  • You can't change MT4.
  • What you can do is to open your log with a software which allows to use a monospaced font.
  • When you ask help on the forum you should listen people trying to help you and not stay hooked to your own wrong view.

Alain Verleyen:

• You are mixing charset and font, it's completely different.
  • You can't change MT4.
  • What you can do is to open your log with a software which allows to use a monospaced font.
  • When you ask help on the forum you should listen people trying to help you and not stay hooked to your own wrong view.

Ok that is an answer thank you.

Ok on mixing charset and font

Not OK on "sty hooked on wrong viesw"

I think I was very clear in my original question. I said that I was using the Print command in my EA

"I use the "Print" command in My EA and the messages are presented by the EA on the screen when you  choose the tab "Expert"

Ingvar Engelbrecht:

Ok that is an answer thank you.

Ok on mixing charset and font

Not OK on "sty hooked on wrong viesw"

I think I was very clear in my original question. I said that I was using the Print command in my EA

"I use the "Print" command in My EA and the messages are presented by the EA on the screen when you  choose the tab "Expert"

Yes and the first answer from Carl was already the good one. Why are we still discussing if "Not OK on "sty hooked on wrong viesw"" ?

No worries. I propose to stop here

Jeee!

Carls answer

"program to open textfile"

is completely irrelevant to my question

But I agree. Lets call it quits.

I got my answer in the end. Can not change the font that the EA uses to display text that is written using the MQL4 "Print" command

Reason: