Which presidential candidate will affect the USD more?

• 21% (9)
  • 64% (27)
  • 14% (6)
Total voters: 42

Cuong Truong:
  • Hillary Clinton
  • Donald Trump
  • I don't know
You left out "both" as an option!

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Press review

Sergey Golubev, 2016.11.07 18:16

USD/JPY: Scenarios & Tactical Strategies For Trading The US Elections - Deutsche Bank (based on the article)

1. "Clinton victory + Republican House and Senate: Risk of continued political turmoil. Dead-locked fiscal policies."
  2. "Clinton victory + Republican House + Democratic Senate: Somewhat reduced uncertainty. Concern about political situation and fiscal administration."
  3. "Trump victory + Republican House and Senate: Heightened expectations for US fiscal policy. Increased global political uncertainty."
  4. "Trump victory + Republican House + Democratic Senate: Brake on more aggressive US fiscal policy. Increased global political uncertainty."

Scenarios 1 and 2 - "We would recommend selling if USD/JPY rose to around 105 or higher."

Scenarios 3 and 4 - "Our tactical approach to USD/JPY would be to sell on Trump-favorable news about the election process, buy back on confirmation of the results of his victory, then gauge the timing to build short positions."

Fernando Carreiro:
You left out "both" as an option!
I totally agree with you.

Laurentiu Octavian Niculescu:
there can be only one be MORE. but that is a logical matter. politic is not logical

Laurentiu Octavian Niculescu:
Also missing "None" :-D

I have no idea why EUR/USD price is heading up.

Speculators?