Which presidential candidate will affect the USD more?

To add comments, please log in or register
Cuong Truong
Cuong Truong  
  • 21% (9)
  • 64% (27)
  • 14% (6)
Total voters: 42
Fernando Carreiro
Fernando Carreiro  
Cuong Truong:
  • Hillary Clinton
  • Donald Trump
  • I don't know
You left out "both" as an option!
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Press review

Sergey Golubev, 2016.11.07 18:16

USD/JPY: Scenarios & Tactical Strategies For Trading The US Elections - Deutsche Bank (based on the article)

1. "Clinton victory + Republican House and Senate: Risk of continued political turmoil. Dead-locked fiscal policies."
  2. "Clinton victory + Republican House + Democratic Senate: Somewhat reduced uncertainty. Concern about political situation and fiscal administration."
  3. "Trump victory + Republican House and Senate: Heightened expectations for US fiscal policy. Increased global political uncertainty."
  4. "Trump victory + Republican House + Democratic Senate: Brake on more aggressive US fiscal policy. Increased global political uncertainty."

Scenarios 1 and 2 - "We would recommend selling if USD/JPY rose to around 105 or higher."

Scenarios 3 and 4 - "Our tactical approach to USD/JPY would be to sell on Trump-favorable news about the election process, buy back on confirmation of the results of his victory, then gauge the timing to build short positions."

Laurentiu Octavian Niculescu
Laurentiu Octavian Niculescu  
Fernando Carreiro:
You left out "both" as an option!
I totally agree with you.
Bernhard Schweigert
Bernhard Schweigert  
Laurentiu Octavian Niculescu:
there can be only one be MORE. but that is a logical matter. politic is not logical
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Laurentiu Octavian Niculescu:
Also missing "None" :-D
Cuong Truong
Cuong Truong  

I have no idea why EUR/USD price is heading up.

Speculators? 

To add comments, please log in or register