Input tab missing when expert advisor is placed on a chart

This problem came with build 971. When I place expert advisor on a chart and then check for expert properties, input tab is not there at all. It does not happen all the time. Sometime input tab is there.

That means that you EA exited due to invalid conditions. Check the Expert and Journal log files for information about why your EA exited prematurely.

Thanks for the reply but ea compiles with zero errors and there is absolutely no error message in the journal. All it says is that ea was loaded successfully.

I have been running this ea for years and never saw the problem I am seeing now.

7325453863:

Thanks for the reply but ea compiles with zero errors and there is absolutely no error message in the journal. All it says is that ea was loaded successfully.

I have been running this ea for years and never saw the problem I am seeing now.

I did not say that it had compile errors. I said that it exited due to invalid conditions. In other words, it only runs the "OnInit()" event handler and then exits with either a "INIT_FAILED" or a "INIT_PARAMETERS_INCORRECT".

You must check both the "Experts" and "Journal" logs for clues to what is happening. If necessary, add debugging "Prints()" in the "OnInit()" function to see why the problem is occurring.

Build 970/971 has a few new changes, so check which ones may be affecting your code execution.

Ok. There is no error message in exxperts tab either. Why would ea still show smiley face if ea has stopped working. But I agree with one thing.

There must be something I am doing in INIT function that may not be compatible with the recent changes in 971.

Right now I get around by removing the chart where I am having problem and reopening the chart and then try to place the ea. Sometime it works sometime it does not. (by the  way I place identical ea on each one of charts).

For time being I have ea running on each one of my 10 charts.

There is no OnInit() event in mql4. I think it is applicable to mql5.

Thanks a lot. Hopefully with next version my problem will go away. Metaquote would like to get rid of all mql4 users and I do not why.

7325453863:

I think you might have some catching up to do on post Build 600.

This might be a good place to start: https://docs.mql4.com/mql4changes

7325453863:

Ok. There is no error message in exxperts tab either. Why would ea still show smiley face if ea has stopped working. But I agree with one thing.

There must be something I am doing in INIT function that may not be compatible with the recent changes in 971.

Right now I get around by removing the chart where I am having problem and reopening the chart and then try to place the ea. Sometime it works sometime it does not. (by the  way I place identical ea on each one of charts).

For time being I have ea running on each one of my 10 charts

Thanks a lot. Hopefully with next version my problem will go away. Metaquote would like to get rid of all mql4 users and I do not why.

Yes, there is a "OnInit()" event in MQL4 and it has been around since build 600+. If you are not using it, then that means your code is quite old and is using the old format of "init()", "start()" instead of the newer "OnInit()" and "OnTick()" formats.

You need to update your code in order for it to be more compatible with newer versions and builds, otherwise your EA will end up been incompatible (if it isn't already) and not running at all.

Reason: