no indicator window property is defined, for my EA?

Hello

Please can someone explain why i get this warning when complying my EA.

1 Warning  ...  "no indicator window property is defined, indicator_chart_window is applied"                 (no line number) 0  (no column) 0

I have had it before then it disappeared and I cant figure out what i am doing to prevent it appearing, now its back..

I dont use indicators for signals on my EA so not sure why it refers to "indicator window property". 

Can not find anything in google search either..

Hope someone can assist

Cheers

Craig 

Probably your EA does not use the appropriate functions for EAs like OnTick() but (wrongly) OnCalculate().

gooly:
Probably your EA does not use the appropriate functions for EAs like OnTick() but (wrongly) OnCalculate().

No, it uses all up to date appropriate code for an EA.

My earlier version from yesterday of the EA doesnt have this warning, ive compared each other but nothing obvious out as the cause of the warning..

craigt:
post the code ..

EDIT: Striking it out due to it being an EA and not an Indicator.

It is because you are missing of one the following properties:

// Choose one of the following but not both
#property indicator_chart_window       // Either it is an indicator on the Main Window
#property indicator_separate_window    // or it is on a separate window

craigt:

Now its gone.. but not sure why, all I did was saved it in another name to do further checks, after I reopened it 5min later it complies fine no warning.. strange..

Cheers 

FMIC:

It is because you are missing of one the following properties:

for an EA ?  my EA doesnt drawing anything on charts or use indicators for signals so why should I need these properties?

cheers 

craigt:

for an EA ?  my EA doesnt drawing anything on charts or use indicators for signals so why should I need these properties?

cheers 

Sorry, I  thought it was an Indicator due to the error message received! I guess I did not read your post properly!

craigt:

Now its gone.. but not sure why, all I did was saved it in another name to do further checks, after I reopened it 5min later it complies fine no warning.. strange..

Cheers 

I know this problem - or something similar. All of a sudden the debugger does not start the actual script and I have to save the script as if I want to save it under different name, but finally I use its original name. I am asked if I want to overwrite it - I say yes - and everything is fine for some time until I have to play the same game again.

But what built are you using?

gooly:

I know this problem - or something similar. All of a sudden the debuggerdoes not start the actual script and I have to save the script as if I want to save it under different name, but finally I use its original name. I am asked if I want to overwrite it - I say yes - and everything is fine for some time until I have to play the same game again.

But what built are you using?

Version 5.00, Build 1342 , 01 Jun 2016

FMIC:

Sorry, I  thought it was an Indicator due to the error message received! I guess I did not read your post properly!

No worries, thanks anyway.. it could be MetaEditor giving me the run around

Cheers 

Reason: