Please help......Strategy tester time

Could anyone could help to confirm, what is the time using in strategy tester? I checked on the reference it MT4 documentation it state

"When testing, the time is simulated according to the historical data. TimeLocal() local time is always equal to TimeCurrent() server time. In turn, the server time is always equal to the time corresponding to the GMT - TimeGMT(). This way, all of these functions display the same time during testing."

but I went to check on TimeGMT() it stated

"During testing in the Strategy Tester, TimeGMT() is always equal to TimeCurrent() simulated server time."

In Strategy tester is actually using GMT time or Server time to simulating?

I know that

TimeLocal = TimeCurrent = GMT Time

But which time they are using is it GMT time for all?

yeah016:

TimeLocal = TimeCurrent = GMT Time

But which time they are using is it GMT time for all?

It's data time (TimeCurrent) for all.

yeah016:

In Strategy tester is actually using GMT time or Server time to simulating?

It is using the simulated SERVER time, namely that "TimeCurrent()" is the primary Date/Time and all the other time sources for the data (such as "iTime()", "Time[]" and "time[]", etc.) is in sync with "TimeCurrent()".

However, since the simulated "TimeLocal()" is set to be equal to the simulated server time "TimeCurrent()", that is in effect the same as if the server were operating at GMT time. So don't get confused about that. Just consider the "TimeCurrent()" and the other data time sources as being the only valid date/time and that it is SERVER time.

angevoyageur:
It's data time (TimeCurrent) for all.
Thanks a lot~

FMIC:

It is using the simulated SERVER time, namely that "TimeCurrent()" is the primary Date/Time and all the other time sources for the data (such as "iTime()", "Time[]" and "time[]", etc.) is in sync with "TimeCurrent()".

However, since the simulated "TimeLocal()" is set to be equal to the simulated server time "TimeCurrent()", that is in effect the same as if the server were operating at GMT time. So don't get confused about that. Just consider the "TimeCurrent()" and the other data time sources as being to only valid date/time and that it is SERVER time.

Thanks !!, got it, is TimeCurrent data time for all.

In tester mode, is it possible to get the real local time of the operating system without using DLL file?

(I can get the Windows OS time with kernel32.dll GetLocalTime() function.)

Zsolt Haromszeki #:

In tester mode, is it possible to get the real local time of the operating system without using DLL file?

(I can get the Windows OS time with kernel32.dll GetLocalTime() function.)

Create a file and check the creation date/time. If you need more details please do a search it has been discussed several times on the forum.

Alain Verleyen #:
Create a file and check the creation date/time.

Very good idea! :) Thank you!

Reason: