How to Make F12 Work for Advancing

Greetings,

I have the latest version of MT4 and the F12 function does not work for advancing the chart bar by bar. Nothing at all happens when I hit F12. Any suggestions on how to make this work?

Thank you

Mike 

Nevermind, you need the function key on to use F12. Duh! Sorry...

My MT4s are build 950 and it works as it should

It can only advance through historical bars, once the current bar is reached the chart cannot shift further.

mikejody: Nevermind, you need the function key on to use F12. Duh! Sorry...
Whether pressing F12 key gives you F12 or Airplane Mode (enhanced function keys) is determined by the default FN key setting.
The default is you have to press the FN key to get F12. That can be changed:

This depends on PC maker's utilities but you don't say what type of PC you have.

For Dells & possibly others, go to

1 Control panel, Windows mobility center - There may be an item called Function key row with a dropdown list.  You should find it set to Multimedia keys & can select Function keys instead.  The settigs will revert to their default when you restart the PC.

2 Reboot into the BIOS & look for the Multimedia key item.  Changing this to Function keys instead will change the default behaviour.

If your PC does not provide for these changes then you'll have to go to the PC maker's support site to find out how to do it.

Reason: