Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Post web links to other trader's signals and make profit
Searja0
Searja0 2015.12.27 00:31 

Hi,

I am new to this forum and mql4 so please forgive my basic question. I knew from before that some other platforms didn't let a Buy and a Sell position to be open at the same time. For example if you had a buy position, then they didn't let you to open a separate sell position and instead they assumed that user closes the open Buy position by opening a sell position. So my question is: Is it possible to have both Buy and Sell positions open in MQL4? 

DeanDeV
DeanDeV 2015.12.27 00:35  
Arja1:

Hi,

I am new to this forum and mql4 so please forgive my basic question. I knew from before that some other platforms didn't let a Buy and a Sell position to be open at the same time. For example if you had a buy position, then they didn't let you to open a separate sell position and instead they assumed that user closes the open Buy position by opening a sell position. So my question is: Is it possible to have both Buy and Sell positions open in MQL4? 

It all depends on your broker.
Searja0
Searja0 2015.12.27 00:50  
Thanks DeanDev, Do you know how to find a broker that lets doing this? Otherwise I need to write my code in separate modules each doing only Buy or only Sell.
Keith Watford
Keith Watford 2015.12.27 01:16  
Arja1:
Thanks DeanDev, Do you know how to find a broker that lets doing this? Otherwise I need to write my code in separate modules each doing only Buy or only Sell.
Use Google and search for something like "MT4 brokers that allow hedging"
whroeder1
whroeder1 2015.12.27 12:47  
Hedging is not allowed in the USA.
Searja0
Searja0 2016.01.03 12:00  
Ok, that was a good point! So I should just focus on Europe. 
/
To add comments, please log in or register