Is it possible to have a buy and a sell position open simultaneously in MQL4?

Hi,

I am new to this forum and mql4 so please forgive my basic question. I knew from before that some other platforms didn't let a Buy and a Sell position to be open at the same time. For example if you had a buy position, then they didn't let you to open a separate sell position and instead they assumed that user closes the open Buy position by opening a sell position. So my question is: Is it possible to have both Buy and Sell positions open in MQL4? 

Arja1:

Hi,

I am new to this forum and mql4 so please forgive my basic question. I knew from before that some other platforms didn't let a Buy and a Sell position to be open at the same time. For example if you had a buy position, then they didn't let you to open a separate sell position and instead they assumed that user closes the open Buy position by opening a sell position. So my question is: Is it possible to have both Buy and Sell positions open in MQL4? 

It all depends on your broker.

Thanks DeanDev, Do you know how to find a broker that lets doing this? Otherwise I need to write my code in separate modules each doing only Buy or only Sell.

Arja1:
Thanks DeanDev, Do you know how to find a broker that lets doing this? Otherwise I need to write my code in separate modules each doing only Buy or only Sell.
Use Google and search for something like "MT4 brokers that allow hedging"

Hedging is not allowed in the USA.

Ok, that was a good point! So I should just focus on Europe. 
Reason: