Indicator will not run along in the strategy tester, please help

hi,

I am trying to run a custom indicator along with an EA (standard MACD EA from metaquotes) in the strategy tester with build 880. I know it should be possible, but I can't seem to do it.

I have tried  :

1. make the template including the indicator in a live chart and save it as tester.tpl before running the test

2. make the template including the indicator in a live chart and save it as bbandssignaltemplate.tpl and then ad this template in the tester chart (visual mode) with right mouse click as soon as the test starts. 

3. starting the tester and drag and drop the indicator to the tester chart just when it starts

4. run the indicator itself in the tester

With none of these options the indicator would run along with the test.

It just stops printing as soon as it is on the chart and ignores the new printed candles 

Anyone knows why this happens, and how I can solve it so that the indicator runs along in a test so I can see if it behaves the way I programmed it?

Thanks in advance!

template saved as tester.tpl before running the test adding presaved template to chart on start of the testadding the indicator drag drop on start of the testrun the indicator in the test itself

You are almost there. All you need to do is save the template under the same name as the Expert Adviser you are testing.
Reason: