color set in the backtest chart window

hi,

i set the different MA lines to different color such as 7 MA to White, 38 MA to Red and 140 MA to Blue.

however, when i do backtest and then open the chart window, all the MA lines become to Red, i have to change them manually everytime. Can be them done as the same as preset in the original window?

another question:

when use the indicator such as RSI, there are default horizontal line as 30 and 70. but when use the indicator created by myself, i have to draw the horizontal line manually everytime. i checked the code in RSI but can't find 30 and 70. can this function be done?

thanks.

heyigeng:

hi,

i set the different MA lines to different color such as 7 MA to White, 38 MA to Red and 140 MA to Blue.

however, when i do backtest and then open the chart window, all the MA lines become to Red, i have to change them manually everytime. Can be them done as the same as preset in the original window?

If you mean in an Indicator you have added to your chart . . . . set the colours how you want then save the template as tester.tpl . . . this is loaded as default when you run the Strategy Tester and your colours will be remembered.

If you mean in an Indicator that you call using iCustom you will have to make the line colour an extern and add the colour to your iCustom call to set it.

Don't know about RSI . . . haven't ever used it . .

dear raptorUK,

thanks for your response. i mean the indicator i add to my chart. now i saved the template and just need to add the template when check the backtest chart, also the horizontal line is in the template, too.

one stone get two birds.

thanks.

RaptorUK:
If you mean in an Indicator that you call using iCustom you will have to make the line colour an extern and add the colour to your iCustom call to set it.
Indicator called via iCustom are not displayed on the chart.

WHRoeder:
Indicator called via iCustom are not displayed on the chart.
I thought they were shown when the Strategy Tester run was completed ?

now, i must go to see the God if i still want to get my target :)

the template is good once be added but the arraws in the backtest chart disappeared. that is more bad thing for backtest check. it seems the template is just good at default charts. i think it is the bug of the MT4 software.

still thanks for your help raptorUK.

heyigeng:

now, i must go to see the God if i still want to get my target :)

the template is good once be added but the arraws in the backtest chart disappeared. that is more bad thing for backtest check. it seems the template is just good at default charts. i think it is the bug of the MT4 software.

still thanks for your help raptorUK.

A template will replace any objects on a chart with the objects stored in the template . . . if you add the template to a Strategy Tester run part way through then, yes, it will overwrite the objects on a chart with it's own . . . calling the template tester.tpl means it should be added to the Strategy Tester chart as soon as the run starts.
Reason: