Download MetaTrader 5

Problem with OnTimer()..

To add comments, please log in or register
One billion tasks have already been executed with MQL5 Cloud Network. Test trading robots even faster!
Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber 2015.07.17 10:58 

Hi,

I want to make an EA tat is called/running once a day - but here in my test-code every hour.

It writes a comment with the time (local) of the last run and the time it should run the next time: one hour later.

BUT as you might see the OnTimer() seem to run every tick? Is that a bug or a feature?

void OnTimer()
  {
   int slp;
   while(!IsStopped()) {
      slp = 3600;
      strTme = StringConcatenate(myName," @ ",TimeToString(TimeLocal(),TIME_SECONDS),"  slp ",(string)slp," sec,  next Check(LocTme): ",TimeToString(TimeLocal()+slp));
      Comment(strTme);
      EventKillTimer(); // to kill existing thread to be safe
      EventSetTimer(slp);
      //Sleep(slp*1000);
      //DebugBreak();
   }
   Comment(strTme,"\n\nEA was stopped at: ",TimeToString(TimeLocal()));

}

It seems as well that after some time the terminal runs at 99% cpu-usage?

Files:
test_3.mq4 3 kb
JC
JC 2015.07.17 11:04  
gooly:

I want to make an EA tat is called/running once a day - but here in my test-code every hour [...]

Surely this enters OnTimer() for the first time and then never leaves it, because of the IsStopped() loop?

I don't understand why you're not doing something like the following:

int slp = 3600;

void OnInit()
{
  EventSetTimer(slp);
}

void OnTimer()
{
  strTme = StringConcatenate(myName," @ ",TimeToString(TimeLocal(),TIME_SECONDS),"  slp ",(string)slp," sec,  next Check(LocTme): ",TimeToString(TimeLocal()+slp));
  Comment(strTme);
}
Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber 2015.07.17 11:09  

Arrgh - you are right.

I first created a script to check the concept and copy and paste the code into the EA...

To add comments, please log in or register