How to Open Complete MQL Project

Hello,

I  have ordered an EA.

I want some minor changes but it not one file like I use to download from https://www.mql5.com/en/code/mt4.

When I opened main .mql file it does not contain anything except information.

That's the screenshot:

Complete Project

There are couple of .mqh file inside and outside of those folders.

I want to load the complete project solution to metaeditor, change and recompile it.

I have tried couple of times I am unable to load complete solution.

Please let me know how to load.

Best Regards,

M.Aqib

activeprime: I have tried couple of times I am unable to load complete solution.
  1. That's like saying it doesn't work. "Doesn't work" is meaningless - just like saying the car doesn't work. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires - meaningless. There are no mind readers here.
  2. Why can't you open the include files, modify them, and compile the main program?

If you have ordered an EA, why not talk with the person who is making you the EA and have them make the changes?

You guys mean I can't change anything my self ?

activeprime:
You guys mean I can't change anything my self ?
If you have the source code, yes, you can make changes yourself.

Yes I have the source code, when I applied my EA job on MQL5 website in the contract it was mentioned the developer must provide the source code.

I don't know how to open and recompile it.

activeprime:

Yes I have the source code, when I applied my EA job on MQL5 website in the contract it was mentioned the developer must provide the source code.

I don't know how to open and recompile it.

Learn MQL, at least the basics, otherwise you could mess up the program.  I strongly suggest before you make any changes, to save the source code file under a similar name, but one you do not mess with, in case your experimenting goes wrong, something along the lines of SourceCodeOriginal.mql4.

How you edit and recompile it is through the meta editor.  One of the ways to get to that is to open it from within your TP.  Be aware that MT4 and MT5 will open the meta editor side that is applicable to their code requirements.  MQL5 will not work with MT4 and MQL4 will not work with MT5.

Alternatively, you could ask the developer that did the coding for you to tweak it.  There is the possibility that they would do so for you, if it is a minor adjustment, without asking for an additional charge.

Reason: