Back testing my system

Hello all I have been searching the net for videos on how to test my system but I cant come up with anything showing how to do it.

Do I have to write a EA to back test, I realize this may be silly question for some but I am lost. Im just looking to get pointed in the right direction I am lost.

thanks

xaumaven:

Hello all I have been searching the net for videos on how to test my system but I cant come up with anything showing how to do it.

Do I have to write a EA to back test, I realize this may be silly question for some but I am lost. Im just looking to get pointed in the right direction I am lost.

thanks

Your system is manual trading ?

Yes. I cannot code so I do it manually.

xaumaven:
Yes. I cannot code so I do it manually.

The only option I can think of and what I was doing when I used to trade manually is open a strategy tester, choose the period and instrument and go through charts by pressing f12 and check for signals and reflect the results into excel. 

hope this helps 

I tried that but was only able to test with dochian channels which is what I want but I wanted to add certain ATR values and got lost. how much and who could I get to code it, although I prefer if I can do it somehow myself.

If you click the freelance tab at the top, there is an area where you can submit a request for someone to code you an EA or other stuff.  However, there is a process for it.  I think on MQL5.com forum or articles, there is one on there on the best way to do it.
Reason: