Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Do you have questions on how to turn your idea into reality? Ask them on the Forum!
metalsmaven
metalsmaven 2015.06.15 20:00 

Hello all I have been searching the net for videos on how to test my system but I cant come up with anything showing how to do it.

Do I have to write a EA to back test, I realize this may be silly question for some but I am lost. Im just looking to get pointed in the right direction I am lost.

thanks

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2015.06.15 21:57  
xaumaven:

Hello all I have been searching the net for videos on how to test my system but I cant come up with anything showing how to do it.

Do I have to write a EA to back test, I realize this may be silly question for some but I am lost. Im just looking to get pointed in the right direction I am lost.

thanks

Your system is manual trading ?
metalsmaven
metalsmaven 2015.06.19 17:06  
Yes. I cannot code so I do it manually.
Macalan
Macalan 2015.06.19 20:01  
xaumaven:
Yes. I cannot code so I do it manually.

The only option I can think of and what I was doing when I used to trade manually is open a strategy tester, choose the period and instrument and go through charts by pressing f12 and check for signals and reflect the results into excel. 

hope this helps 

metalsmaven
metalsmaven 2015.06.20 03:34  
I tried that but was only able to test with dochian channels which is what I want but I wanted to add certain ATR values and got lost. how much and who could I get to code it, although I prefer if I can do it somehow myself.
JD4
JD4 2015.06.23 05:55  
If you click the freelance tab at the top, there is an area where you can submit a request for someone to code you an EA or other stuff.  However, there is a process for it.  I think on MQL5.com forum or articles, there is one on there on the best way to do it.
/
To add comments, please log in or register