Simple Question

I use the Print Function alot but I have noticed that there is some kind of limit in the number of lines available.

If there is a limit..

1..What is it?

2..Can it be lengthened?

Thanks in advance

4x_Gypsy:

I use the Print Function alot but I have noticed that there is some kind of limit in the number of lines available.

If there is a limit..

Not that I know, but what you see in the expert-tab is only the newest part of what is written to the log-file. (MQL4\logs\..)

gooly:
Not that I know, but what you see in the expert-tab is only the newest part of what is written to the log-file. (MQL4\logs\..)
I didn't realize that, thanks

And there can be several minutes between the MQL prints and the moment the data is actually flushed out to the log file. For debug purposes you can also use a messagebox.

gadget:
And there can be several minutes between the MQL prints and the moment the data is actually flushed out to the log file. For debug purposes you can also use a messagebox.

I appreciate the help.

I use the Print Function as a form of error control so I will need to try other ways of doing the same thing. The goal of this project is to see everything in the terminal without opening a file.

Try alert() ?

gadget:
If your right click inside Experts or Journal tab, you can use Open or View commands, the data are then automatically flushed to the file.

I have tried Alert() ,Comment() and Message Box.

This is what I am doing..

I attach a EA to a Chart,usually a 1min or 5min, and use Print() to make sure the calculations and other aspects are doing what they are supposed to in real time but I quickly run out of lines. So opening a file would not be such a problem for me at that time.

Then I attach whatever I am working on to a Hourly Chart and go to work, when I get home I check the EA and the appropriate tab to verify what I need to to verify, again opening a file would not be such a problem for me.

The problem lies in the EA's I am working on are updated versions of the ones I am selling in the Market, I am trying to find a way for the person who demos or buys the EA can have all the information about the conditions available to them easily in one tab or the other without having to open a file or anything else,simplicity works for some of these people :). Alert(),Comment()and Message Box does not come even close to my needs but Print() does except for the fact that it eventually will run out lines.I am just trying keep this complicated situation as simple as possible.

I really appreciate any help with this but I am starting to believe that I must rethink this process and possibly abandon it all together.

Reason: